A curiosity

23 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Cristina ,

I wonder if only the administrators and the helpers can close a topic on the forum, or anyone who wants this?
I wonder just because I am confused cause of what I noticed on the forum about the two topics that have been closed.
One is about Slavista's birthday, where mayya said that the topics was closed and the other is, Dilek's complains about banning her account, where basket said that the topic was closed.
So, as I know, mayya is helper and basket only a player and cause of this I wonder if anyone who wants can close a topic on the forum?
regards, Cristina

2. Lemonade,

Maybe basket isn't a player anymore... hehe

3. YNWA,

You can always try to close a topic and see what happens!

4. Epic_Krrish,

lol lol

5. Cristina ,

SMiLE!!! I do not want to close any topic. It was just my curiosity and nothing more.
Moreover none of your posts could not satisfy my curiosity.
So, it was absolutely useless to bother your fingers with the typing of those needless messages.
Big grin!!!

Последнее изменение Cristina , 02.10.2015 15:32:07

6. Mayank ,

Hello. To answer your question, only admins or helpers can.

7. Cristina ,

Oh, than you very much Mayank!

8. LaraStardust,

so basket is an admin now then? we really need a list of who is and who isnt lol

9. dementress ,

Actually, we have that list, smiles.

10. LaraStardust,

WE DO?

11. MuhammadHajjar,

Of course. You can check it out from here:
http://qcsalon.net/en/staff

12. LaraStardust,

ah. I see

13. YNWA,

now we already have a "team of helpers" I would like to make a few observations.

Aminiel said in an email that they were looking for 4 or 5 helpers and so that would give a total of 5 or 6 helpers so we are still 2 short! Some of those helpers ar or will be in education/work or sometimes both so if any of the others are taken ill we could be left with 2 or even 1 helper for the English part. Out of the 4 helpers English is the first language for only 1 of them although I do except their English is good enough to do the job. 2 of the helpers are African, 1 Asian and 1 American so we have no British or European helpers representing those communities of the Playroom.

If you look at the list it shows that some of the helpers combine roles as helper with translator witch I am assuming that it would mean correcting errors to games and rules plus any new games that will soon become available to the playroom. Some also are taking part in The Quizz Party as Editor/Validator. I don't know if many of the present helpers are willing/able to participate in any of these tasks.

"IF you are native english speaker or allmost, do propose your help as a translator ! It's less urgent than moderation at present, but still. In the meantime you can send us e-mails at any time to tell us where there are errors. We will fix them happily. Currently, the english playroom is a bit special, because it has no official translator. The english translator is just me, I'm not native, and I know that my english is so far away from perfection"

In the above passage Aminiel you said there was no Translator for the English section but if I look at the list of Staff that has been produced it lists Mayya as a Translator. Did Mayya get the role after she became helper or has she decided to take on the post as there are more helpers to take on her previous jobs. Like you she is not an English speaker so are you still actively pursuing people for The Translator role or will some of the helpers take on any of The Translator duties once they are familiar with the helpers job!

14. Cristina ,

Apologize for my curiosity, but I did not know that there's a way of checking out who are:the administrators, the helpers, question validators and the translators.
Thank you Muhamad for that link. It was useful.

15. MuhammadHajjar,

No problem, you're welcome Cristina.

16. LaraStardust,

I totally 100 percent agree with you, ynwa, it was a fact i found to be rather hilairious

17. Cristina ,

I think that they did not choose an english native speaker as helper or translator, because those few mistakes of translation which are still there, can be corrected by anyone who is in the team what we have on the english part now.
If they did not do it yet, can be cause they did not notice them.

18. YNWA,

I was putting it gently as I was not trying to have a go at any individuall but the mistakes are in their hundreds and even a simple spell check would have sorted a number of them out. Someone will have to go through everything again and that is a big job. A simple task for you cristina is to Check the Spades rules and see how many errors you can spot? It says nothing about the fact that you are able to play the game in teams with 6 players. This is a big job, this is a job for a native speaker, and also someone that has experience in proof reading. I have done this kind of work before so I know what I am talking about. Some of the helpers as I said are studdying so can't do everything. .

19. Marina,

hi, I just want to correct some misunderstandings.
firstly, it seems you mixed the helper with the translator, it's a different position. I would like to explain that we do not have access over the translating files or editing a word in a game or such stuff. You can propose to be a translator if you would like to help with this issues.
secondly, same thing with the quiz party, if you read the staff page carefully, you would find that there are about 7 people to work on the quiz party, some of them are already helpers but some did not participate rather. and as far as I know, Aminiel haven't yet started working on the quiz party for any other language.

Последнее изменение Marina, 04.10.2015 11:37:41

20. Marina,

Just an update, because it seems you people were lazy to check before writing such long message haha. Or maybe didn't know about it. But whatever, I will copy for you some important infrormation from the staff page:

The staff of the playroom is organized in several subgroups by language and function:
• Administrators are responsible for the platform in its globality: developpment, technical maintenance, general communication and groups coordination.
• Helpers answer to players' questions, help them in case of rules misunderstanding or connection problems, as well as moderate public spaces like chat and forums.
• As the name suggests, translators work hard in order to make the playroom accessible in the languages spoken by the players.
• Finally, quiz validators and correctors work so that the game Quiz Party, a general culture quiz, has a questions database without errors and of quality.

so, each position has a different access, hope you know now our role, these things you're talking about we do not have access to do it. And in fact we do not need more helpers 4 of us cover almost 24/7
But you are welcome to send your application as a translator or a quiz validator and corrector
thanks, and I hope that did answer your questions.

21. Exink,

Ah yes, I have also translated that part into spanish, because it seemed many people didn't know it.

Последнее изменение Exink, 04.10.2015 17:54:06

22. Cristina ,

Ah, then it makes sense why the errors of translating are still there. If only the translator can correct them and mayya is the translator of the english server, then it is really necessary one more translator.
I am saying this only cause, maybe she would be pleased if someone can share with her the responsibility of translating.

But, to be honest I am not bothered of those errors. For me it is as when I have more reasons for smiling when I am playing here..

23. LaraStardust,

personally as a hole i find the playroom an enjoyable place. However, I'm slightly worried how the typos/miss translations amuse you cristina. While I understand that some if not all of the translaters/developers are native3 english, the mistypes are giving the playroom a slight edge of improffessionality which is letting the side down.
this is my opinion and while I understand, its what it is.

23 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись