an unfair state.

28 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. afrim,

Hello admins, helpers and everybody who reads this post,
I am posting this topic to suggest something about the inbox on the playroom.
So, as the story continues, there’s an option on the inbox in the options section on playroom, when clicking on the privacy options. The option “Who can send me private messages? - everybody except blocked people or my friends only”. The second alternative “Get messages from friends only” is a good option if you are concerned about your privacy and it is much helpful and appreciated. On the other hand, there’s a situation where you are sent messages! From people Who wish to Get messages! From their friends only! And, I think not only yesterday, but also two days ago, not to forget two or three months before that. The point is, me and other people, are not sent offensive messages from people whom we don’t know, or whom we met just randomly in a free table or anywhere else, but they ask for anything like, where can I find some audio books, are you up for a uno game, why did you leave the table when I joined and many other bloody questions they may come up with. You can’t imagine how unfair it is when you cannot find any way to reply to them because they don’t get any message since their privacy options are set to get messages and invitations from their friends only. If it was possible, could you do anything to change this situation, for example, if you are sent a private message by someone who you don’t know, could you enable an option to reply to them in that specific case, not every time. I put emphasis on this again, in that specific case, not every time you feel like sending a message to someone who implements those privacy preferences.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post and wish you all a good time.
Sincerely,
Afrim

2. YNWA,

I know what you mean Afrim and it can also apply to many things. I guess you would have what is known as an Automatic reply mode. So if bill sends Ben a message Ben will get the opportunity to reply back to Bill even if he is not on Bill's friend's list. Bill would have waved away any blocking rights as he sent the message in the first place so a response canbe be assumed to be a reasonable request.

3. LaraStardust,

I totally agree with you afrim and ynwa and have had this frustrating thing happen to me before too

4. Exink,

Ah yes, and sometimes the worst part is when you get some confidential information from someone, and when you wish to reply to that person, he/she can just receive messages from their friends! It's something preposterous because if you know that, for example, you shoudln't talk to some person, if you know that they're going to be unable to reply you, specially if you're conscious of that one is not into your friends list.

5. Cristina ,

Ah, and it would be nice if we even could answer to them after when they sent us their private message then blocked us. It happend to me, when some persons sent me their messages, but I could not answer them cause I got blocked before I could have made it.
We should not care of those people who block us without having a suitable reason, or only cause they did not like to hear the truth, but I think that all of us have the right to answer, when we really want to make it.

6. YNWA,

Under the system proposed you wouldn't be able to send a person that blocks you a message and if you are angry with that person then it would not be advisable to make the situation worse so I think you got the wrong end of the stick Cristina. We were asking that if a person sent an invite to play Scopa and you were not on their friends list you could be able to send them a message saying something like thanks but I have another game or something. It would be the same if a person asked you a question such as can you help me with this game or that game. It would just be a one-off response. One example is you can type the @ sign without a name then your message to the last person who wrote to you. Our proposal would work the same way as this example does. Once you have written to another person then you would not be able to send them another message only the last person you sent a message to. If a person has blocked you or you have blocked them you would not want to respond to their message. We were talking about people that arn't on your friends list that you would only want to send them 1 message as you don't really know them enough to be on your friends list in the first place.

Последнее изменение YNWA, 16.10.2015 13:40:17

7. LaraStardust,

nodnod ynwa
the blocked list is there for a reason christina and what you may perseve as the truth may not be

8. gaurasuryavanshi,

agree with afrim

9. The-white-dove,

Agree with Afrim. It's a very good suggestion.

10. Cristina ,

Dardar I appreciate your always following my posts, but to be honest, sometimes are really needless your comments or advices for me.
Many thanks and when I'll need them truely, I assure you that I'll ask them in private. Just cause it seems that you're the most skilled and a good advisor. Smile

11. LaraStardust,

oh christina christina.
if you put any more sarkasm in that post it would fall over.
all imma say is, same to you!
FYI, I dont folow your posts. I sarkasm post because I know how much you love reading my writing.
as for needless... glances around at the forum posts have you seen... actually, no. I'm not gonna sink to that level.
Stuff it.

12. Lemonade,

Congratulations, you have successfully failed at not sinking to that level.
On a different note, maybe we should be able to reply to people with the friends only setting until one of the people logs off? That way if you do decide you don't like them or you think their nose it too ugly they won't be able to talk to you again after you log off. Unless of course, you send them another message.

13. afrim,

@Everyone,
Check in the dictionary what does "Have a nose for something" mean. lol
Anyways their nose is uggly because they do not allow us to reply to them. :d

14. mayya,

@afrim, your request will be reported to Aminiel, and we'll let you know

15. afrim,

@Mayya,
Thank you really much for your reply. Wish you all the best.

16. LaraStardust,

@anyone who cares to read?
why are we putting @people? lmao

17. Aminiel,

This suggestion is now working, a bit differently than originally proposed: if you accepted to receive messages only from your friends, then you can now only conversely send messages only to your friends, and not to everybody as it was before. With this change, there couldn't be any unfair state anymore. IF you want to talk to someone who isn't in your friends list while having the privacy setting activated, you simply have to add him/her first. I hope my explanations are clear enough.
Thank you very much for raising this interesting question.

Последнее изменение Aminiel, 21.10.2015 20:31:40

18. LaraStardust,

nice one. Explanation crystal clear

19. YNWA,

Users should be given a notification when making the change to Friends can only send them... so they will be aware that they can't send messages to people that are not on their friends list as this will have a bigger effect on people that are new to the playroom. Especially if they have no friends and don't know how to get help. .

20. LaraStardust,

aren't they to recieve from all by default?

21. YNWA,

Yes but people can make changes without knowing.

22. afrim,

@Ameniel,
Thank you really much for your reply, and also thank you in regards for considering working on this suggestion.

23. Aminiel,

To clear it up, by default the privacy setting is disabled at account creation.

Given where it is located, I think that you aren't going to turn it on by misstake the first days you joined.

24. afrim,

That is right. Anyway those who don't know what they are doing, they don't even start playing with those options. I mean, if someone does not speak English, they won't start exploring privacy options, general account settings and so on. Rare are the cases when this happens.

25. YNWA,

Have you ever asked someone to change something for you and when they left wondered how to change things back. I don't know why you brought the fact someone not speaking English into the subject because what ever is done won't make any difference to them as they won't understand whatever's written. I do take the point that many people will not touch the settings to start with but some will. Some will come from RS games or other game sites so may be aware of what can be changed even if they don't know what to do. Don't forget changes here the playroom arn't well documented here so unless you read the forums you may not be aware of the changes that have been made.

26. afrim,

I don't truly see anything unclear in the phrase: "who can send me Private Messages? :Everybody except blocked people" or in the security options: "Remember passwords: yes."
So that's no actual point in talking about that.

27. YNWA,

The question asks you who can send you Private message so it is referring to what others can do and not what you can do. Perhaps it should say who can send and receive private messages then everybody except blocked people would be better.

Последнее изменение YNWA, 23.10.2015 18:23:34

28. afrim,

I think Aminiel said that the option is not activated by default. I have never changed the privacy options and it still says:
"Who can send me private messages? : Everybody except blocked people."

28 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись