More Games?

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Princess_Ozma,

Hi,
Has there been any proposals to add new games like Bridge, Cribbage, Solitaire, Mine Sweeper, and some of the more popular card, board and word games? For poker, could there be a sub-category, like regular poker or Texas Hold 'em?
I know there are a few games on the playroom like Jass, scopa, La Juliabaise, and stuf, but I think those are Italian games and they don't have English names for them.
On a side note, why can chess not be played with bots?

2. staindaddict,

All these games have been proposed already.. Quentin has already explained several times why he won't put bots in the Chess game if you look back among the topics.
Give the man a break, he already does so much for us already. There's close to 25 games in the playroom, in my opinion that's unbelievable. He deserves a lot of credit.

3. Princess_Ozma,

I'm afraid I don't know what topic you're referring to when talking about bots. Could you point me to them?
And as for the other games, if they can't be found, I think there might be more I could find on Spoonbill software or something.

4. Jeff-Rutkowski,

Hello there.
I just wanted to elaborate on why Quentin doesn't want to add bots to the chess game.
It's simply that the computing power needed for a bot to process the layout of the board and move its pieces would take way too much power that either Quentin's servers do not have or the task of programming a semi-intelligent chess bot is too great for him to undertake.
It would be nice in the future but for now, I think Spoonbill Software has a chess game you can play with a bot.
Hope this helps.

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись