GAme instructions

3 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. LynnR,

Hi. I use the playroom using the web client on the Imac, and have been having problems finding the instructions for games. Pressing control f1 simply doesn't work. Most of them can be found at the home page, although I've noticed that if I try to click farkle from there, it tells me the page doesn't exist. I know how to play the game, but I don't know the scoring system on the playroom.

Also, I was trying to play Poker just now, but to say I'm confused would be an understatement. The game doesn't seem to follow the instructions at all. That might just be me and my dreadful memory though. One thing that certainly isn't clear is the key stroke A, meaning to "go on". Does that mean go on without putting anything in the pot but not fold? I pressed it out of pure curiosity, and won the pot, but goodness knows how lol!

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

Ctrl+F1 effectively don't work on the web client, we are perfectly aware of that. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it because browsers usually don't allow opening a new tab programmatically; they don't essentially because of possible abuses (popups of advertisements).
So, when you press Ctrl+F1, instead of opening a new browser tab with instructions, a link appear in the history, inviting you to click on it to open that new tab yourself.

For the A key in poker, A here means go all in. In poker vocabulary, "all in" means betting all your cash. If you lose then, you don't have any cash left and thus are out of the game. It's very risky, but pays a lot when you win, and often persuade your opponents to fold.

Последнее изменение Aminiel, 08.05.2014 20:27:24

3. LynnR,

Hi again

Thanks for clearing those things up. I did see that it put the link in the history, but only because I did the page down key to read it. Silly me for not thinking to go to the history group and click the link! Shows how non-tech I am really doesn't it?

The poker instructions do mention "all in", but when it comes down to the term "go on", the only time that's mentioned is where it's listed in the key strokes, with no actual explanation about what it does, so thanks for clearing that up. No wonder i won lol! Maybe someone ought to clarify that in the actual instructions, for poker-beginners like myself. Another thing that surprised me was that at one point, the big blind suddenly doubled, and I didn't know why. To be honest, I left the table, but I'm going to ask a couple of my friends to play along with me some time and teach me the tricks of the trade, as it were.

3 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись