How about a cribbage game

14 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. LynnR,

Hi

a friend and I used to like to watch each other play Cribbage on our computers, using a certain cribbage game made for only windows. In this version of the game, you could only play against the computer. we watched each other play on alternate nights and watched each other get better and better at beating the computer. Now, we'd love to be able to play against each other online.

One reason why I'd love to see Cribbage on here is that my old windows computer is running XP, which isn't supported any more, and there isn't much chance of me getting a new computer in the near future. I do miss my nightly cribbage sessions.

It's a fun game, involving both strategy and chance, and I think many players would find it enjoyable.

2. fleurette,

Hi! Even though I am still on Windows, using Windows 7 in fact, and can therefore still play the accessible Cribbage game for Windows which LynnR mentioned above, I definitely second her request to have a Cribbage game in the Playroom. Not only would this give those who played the Windows Cribbage game she mentioned a chance to play against other people and not just against the computer, but I think a lot of people who are so far unfamiliar with Cribbage would enjoy it, with its mixture of chance and strategy, as LynnR pointed out. I'm sure she'll join me in hoping this request for a Cribbage game will be considered, and perhaps acted upon one day.

Последнее изменение fleurette, 14.05.2014 19:43:42

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

It's not the first time that someone is requesting cribbage. It's indeed a very good candidate game for the playroom for many good reasons.

However, I don't know at all if it will be available one day or not. I hope so, because it's a nice game that mixes luck and strategy, but I have so many other demands for so many games as interesting as eachother, that I have to choose at some point, and proceed in order.

I prefer avoid promising anything to anyone, so that nobody can ever be disappointed. But for sure, I keep your game proposal in mind.

4. sparkle98,

hi... i could not understand something... the Cribbage game is for windows xp only?
i am using windows 7.. if there is a version for windows 7 can someone send me the link or the install for the accessible game?
if it is only for windows xp, i'd like to try Cribbage and here i agree that Cribbage in playroom will be a great idea.. but even there is accessible offline Cribbage game i'd like it also here in the playroom because i am always glad to play new games.

5. LynnR,

Hi there

The game we mentioned comes from Spoonbill Software. There's a chap in Australia called Ian, who makes all sorts of accessible games. I think he started out with the idea of making the typical computer solitaire games accessible, and went on from there. I believe they do work on windows 7. I don't have windows at at all now, which is why I'd love to see cribbage on here.

To get any of Ian's games, you need to e-mail him, as he hasn't got a web site, at least I don't think he has. It's
games@spoonbillsoftware.com.au
They're all offline games, some are solitaire games, and some would be multi-pplayer, except that you're just playing against the computer. For example, his was the first version of Uno I ever played. The human player always plays west, and the bots are North, East and South.

Getting back to the point of Cribbage though, as I said, not only am I missing playing the original cribbage game, but there was a little group of us who used to like watching each other play, and we've often wondered what it would be like to play against each other. I really think it would become a very popular game, although I do see your point about getting loads of game requests and not making any promises. To be fair, over the last few weeks, I've learnt how to play some real belters on here, so I can't complain.

6. sparkle98,

i know him, i have bg chess challenge

7. randomrob,

Blind adrenaline have an accessible crib game you can play against other people.
http://blindadrenaline.com/cardroom

8. abdulrahman,

hello
i know this site
and it's not free
i'm regestered there long time ago

9. Princess_Ozma,

I didn't know there was a cribbage game fro Windows. Where can this be? I have only played Cribbage only once before, so this would be nice to start out with.
Never mind, I got the address. I'll e-mail the chapter and ask him to compile a list of games I've wanted for quite a while.

Последнее изменение Princess_Ozma, 03.07.2014 13:37:18

10. fleurette,

The Cribbage game by Spoonbill games mentioned above doesn't just work on XP, I've played it on both XP and Windows 7 and I now know it works on Windows 8 as well, even though I don't have that. I totally understand that it's impossible for the Playroom admins to be able to promise to give us Cribbage on the Playroom one day, but I still hope it will happen, then people will be able to play Cribbage against each other online without paying a cent, not only on several versions of Windows, but on Mac computers as well.

11. Princess_Ozma,

I e-mailed Ian, but as so far haven't gotten a response. Does he usually take long/ I hope to start playing soon.

12. aravis,

hello, everyone! as for Ian, i think it's worth to wait for 4 or 5 days for his response until sending him a reminder, that's what at least i did once, i also got cribbage from him. and it does work on windows 7, for i run it on my computer. and as for cribbage to appear on the playroom - hurrah on that! i played the mentioned above cribbage version once or twice, but it's a bit boring to play with some computer, for me it is more fun to play against another person online, that would be neat. and i do have a feeling cribbage will soon appear on the playroom.

13. Princess_Ozma,

I have written the rules to make them more simple to understand, at least for the BG version. I also had to wait for quite some time for him to reply. Also, I am the first to notice an error in his Cribbage example. If you look at the manual, he forgot to score one for his nob.

14. LynnR,

I hadn't noticed he'd missed that out in the manual. Mind you, I learnt how to play Cribbage Solitaire first, so knew the hands before I actually got the game. He does score it in the game though.

As for Cribbage here on the playroom, I'm excited at the thought. It'll be so different playing with actual players, because everyone will have their own style of play. Even though I now have a laptop with windows 8 on, and the BG version works on there, I think it'll be much more fun playing online.

14 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись