Major Chess Issues

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Hayden,

SO there have been several Chess-related issues that I've been annoyed with for some time, and about now is when I need to mention them; I've waited long enough as it is.

1. Castling: As indicated by the chess rules, you cannot castle into, through, or out of check. This means that if I am in check, you cannot castle out of it, and if there is a piece attacking a square through which the king will move, you cannot castle. In addition, if there are pieces in the way, they should obviously not disappear in the event of castling.
  2. Moving pieces: There are times when two pieces of the same type can move to the same square. IN this event, there are two problems:
  3. I should be alerted. If there are rooks on b and f, I should hear, "haydenDP plays the white rook b in e1", not "HaydenDP plays the white rook in e1".
  4. When typing in chess notation, the game should force you to specify the piece you wish to move. IN the above example, if I had pressed sace and tpyed Re1, it might have moved either iece, and I wouldn't know until the deed was done.
  5. Checkmating: There are several mates which the chess game does not see. Uppermost among them is the case in which there is a piece pinned to the opponent's king which could otherwise capture the checking piece.
  6. Stalemating: The stalemate is a crucial component of chess, and as such it should be recognized.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

1. This is a known bug that the playroom allows to castle even if normally it is supposed to be forbidden in such situations. I should fix it one day...
  2. Sorry but I can't do anything about it simply.
  3. Idem
  4. It's your responsibility to be clear enough, I can't guess which one you want to move when you type just Re1. IN that case it just takes the first one it sees. In case of doubt, you can always enter your move in full notation, i.e. Rf1-e1; Rfe1 should also work.
  5. I know that there are a certain number of complex situations where the mat is effectively missed. However, they are hard to debug. If you have found such a situation, please post the configuration of the board in FEN notation (Use Ctrl+O to obtain the code of the current position in a dialog box)
  6. Unfortunately, I'm not native english speaker and don't know to what the term Stalemating refers to. I very certainly know what it is in my native language...

Thank you for your suggestions.

Последнее изменение Aminiel, 02.06.2014 12:00:50

3. Hayden,

A few responses:
I don't understand what is meant by "idem" for #3. As for being unable to know which piece is being moved, that is exactly my point. IN the event that there are more than one piece of the same type which can be moved, the correct thing to do is to force the user to input the result in full notation, e.g. Rfe1. If there is any ambiguity, then no piece should be moved. I cannot obtain a FEN notation representation, as control o does absolutely nothing. Stalemate is a position in which a player cannot move a piece without putting the king in check, but their king itself is not in check; such a position is officially counted as a draw.

4. Princess_Ozma,

Until now I found this topic, and I'm glad I did, because that will allow me to get further acquainted with the game and what things I should look for. I had trouble putting in pons in notation, like Pc4, unless it wants me to put in pc2-c4.

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись