A few suggestions for uno.

22 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Raki,

Hi

So here are my suggestions:

1. A limit of only 10 players can play uno. I really don’t see the point of that; the deck has more than 70 cards. Why not stretch it to 12, or 14? Recently, a lot of group uno games have been going on, and sometimes we have to leave some players out because more than 10 players are at the table. So 2 or 3 players miss out on the fun.
2. To be able to paws a game. I think this feature will really help us in a game especially like uno, because of the interception feature. For example, a player needs a minute; He tells everyone to wait, a few players usually miss that message, and intercept away to their pleasure. Now, if we have the paws feature, the table master can paws the game, wait for the player to return, and resume once everyone is ready, and everything’s fare.

Let me know what you think, and keep up the good work!

Raki

2. Fawaz,

Hello,
yep true especially pause feature.
cause also we have many non english speakers which even wait won't understand or pretending as didn't understand.
its so important especially in uno as you mentioned.
thanks.

3. abdulrahman,

i agree with raki

if possible: can you raise to 15

unow is played with 15 players: cause the deck has 108 cards
and every player got 7 until 105 if the number of players is 15

4. Aminiel,

unow is played with 15 players: cause the deck has 108 cards
and every player got 7 until 105 if the number of players is 15

Right, and wrong. What do you do in this situation if you start by playing a +4 ? You are stuck because there isn't 4 cards left to draw neither in the draw pile, nor in the discard pile.

With the cumulative rule, you might draw a maximum of 32 cards after the 8th turn (play all +2 in a row). Therefore, at most 108 -32 +8 = 84 cards can be dealt, from which we get 84/7=12. That's why the limit is fixed to 12 players. OK, it's highly improbable, but still.

An extension could be to play with 2 decks when there are more than 12 players; it would allow going up to 24. However, in this scenario, by experience, you are going to fall asleep while waiting for your turn if you aren't playing with the super-intercept rule. I don't know if it's really useful.

Последнее изменение Aminiel, 28.07.2014 06:31:31

5. Fawaz,

Hello,
the limit now 10 players.
and what about pause feature?
thanks.

6. bashar_alkenany,

hi
the limit is 10, not 12

7. aravis,

hello,

yes, Aminiel, you're right. there must be plenty of cards to draw even if there are a lot of players at the table. and there are always some solutions to avoid having more players at a table then the limit allows. first of all, i'd like to know, does this limit include spectators? for example, can there be at one table 10 people who are players and 4 who are spectators? if yes, no one will miss out any fun. spectators will first watch the game, and as the players lose the game one by one, the spectators can deactivate the spectator mode and join in the game. or it's possible to invite just as many players to the table as the limit allows. to my point of view one can't play a game with the whole world, no matter how hard one wishes that.

Anastasia

8. Aminiel,

Spectators are never counted in the maximum number of people allowed on a table. The whole playroom can come to the same table.

Simply, if there are more than 10 players with spectator mode disabled at the table, the table master wont be able to start the game until the number of effective players is reduced to 10. This has sometimes made troubles in tournaments, in case non-participants forgot to turn on their spectator mode.

For tournaments, a good trick to avoid this is to first set the table private, invite all participants, launch the game but don't effectively play. Then you can make the table public, and let spectators join during a few minutes before actually starting to play.

9. dalglish7 ,

In bouillabase once you reach 8 players a double pack of cards comes into play automatically so why not for Uno. The other option like Dominoes is to select how many packs you want to use as part of the options so for Uno it would be a single or double pack of cards.

People do stop the game and a number of times it can be for a trivial matter so people should make sure they are ready before the game starts. When it is more urgent then a pause would be good but even now a game can be stopped half a dozen times for small amounts of time witch is not helpful at all! I would suggest that game should be paused at the end of a round as you can in Rs Games for Uno.

I would like to see a limit on how long the super Interception lasts for, I would like to see it last for say 10 seconds to stop people holding up the game for 90 seconds as seen in the example below:

John has to pick up 6 cards as 3 +2's have been played. John does not want to pick up the 6 cards that he is asked to because he feels that Mark and Steve have more +2's in their hand's. John waits for 90 seconds to see if Mark and Steve will play a +2. Mark and Steve are writing play because they are frustrated with the delay! John eventually picks up 6 cards and as soon as he does Mark plays a +2 meaning Steve has to pick up 2 cards. John is frustrated as it would have meant that Had Mark played the +2 before John picked up 6 cards Steve would have had to pick up 8 cards instead of 2 cards he picks up in this example.

10. Raki,

there's also a stratigy involved, how about if:
it's fred's turn, he has to draw 6cards.
Joey has a draw 2, but he knows fred is winning, and he knows that fred has the loest score so, he will let fred draw the cards, then put his draw 2 in.
The draw 2 rule is good as it is now, it makes it more interesting.

Aravis,

What you said, makes no sence, if someone loses, and someone from spectator jumps in, will he have a score of 0? while all the other players have 100/200 points and so on?
the same players that start the game, have to be the players that finish the game. players can't randomly jump in in the middle.

Последнее изменение Raki, 10.08.2014 02:27:57

11. Aminiel,

I would like to see a limit on how long the super Interception lasts for, I would like to see it last for say 10 seconds to stop people holding up the
game for 90 seconds as seen in the example below

This is part of strategy, so no, it wont change. It also usually happens with regular numbers when you just don't want to draw a card.

However, I could add a timer to disallow your turn to last more than 30 or 60 seconds. When in front of a +2, you would draw automatically, otherwise skip. what do you think about this? It isn't exactly the same to limit the time of your turn, than it is to limit the time of interceptions taking place.

What you said, makes no sence, if someone loses, and someone from spectator jumps in, will he have a score of 0? while all the other players have 100/200
points and so on?
the same players that start the game, have to be the players that finish the game. players can't randomly jump in in the middle.

This is exactly why it is generally not allowed to join a game in progress, uno or whatever else. It would be allmost always completely unfair, because, as an early player, you are wheither near the victory, or near elimination, while new ones start with 0. One could perhaps make people to join with more than 0 points in that case, e.g. taking the average score of other players, but it's then unfair for you as a newcomer.

In short, this is a difficult problem to do so that nobody feel frustrated. So, the easiest is to disallow joining in the middle, simply.

12. dalglish7 ,

The point of pausing the game at the end of the round is because it is a natural breaking point the reason I mentioned Rs Games is because you can do it their. I agree you would not want another player coming in starting at 0 as it would make the game unfair but if there is a way it can be paused then it would be better with all the original players still in the game and the rest of the newcomers become spectators.

Of course the pick up 2's can be used as strategy as you may want a person to pick up 6 cards if they only have 1 or 2 left but a lot of the time it is not the case. I do think an automatic pick up say after 30 seconds sounds like a good idea to me because my point was to limit the length of the interceptions not to stop people picking up cards when it is a benefit to the game!

Последнее изменение dalglish7 , 10.08.2014 11:09:12

13. Raki,

aminiel
what did u mean by:
"However, I could add a timer to disallow your turn to last more than 30 or 60 seconds. When in front of a +2, you would draw automatically, otherwise skip. "

Did you mean that after 30 seconds the cards would be automaticly drawn for you?
Also, I have rairly seen players wait 30 seconds, usually after 10,15 seconds, at other players erjing, they draw.

And what about the paws feature?

14. Aminiel,

You have now the pause feature. Press Shift+P between two rounds to prevent the next one to start after 15 seconds. Then press enter to start it when you are ready.

15. Raki,

Excellent, thanks a lot!
But what about during the rounds?
Can you also make it so we could paws it within the rounds?

16. Aminiel,

But what about during the rounds?
Can you also make it so we could paws it within the rounds?

No, it's impossible.

17. Fawaz,

Hello,
thanks for great work, keep it up.
I have an odd suggestion,
Not sure even its possible, but if you can done it, it gonna be just awesome.
The idea is, allocate specific keys which make a tune or
something which means wait, so no one will have an excuse even non English speakers.
it will be so helpful in group uno games, which going like a hurricane.
I hope You got the idea,
thanks and best wishes.

18. Raki,

Hi aminiel,

There’s just 1 problem with the paws feature:
Right after the round, if the table master presses enter, the next round starts automatically.
So the table master might be trying to intercept, and hitting his enter key, when the round ends, and the next round will start, because he pressed enter in between the rounds by accident.
You should make it so only after pressing shift P you can press enter to start the next round, because now whenever you press enter before 15 seconds, the next round starts.
How it is now, if the master presses enter accidently the next round can start automatically after the current round finishes.

Hope I explained it so you can understand,
Thanks

19. dalglish7 ,

yes at the moment if you are table master and you press enter the next round automatically starts and if you press shift plus p it will not pause again. You should only be able to speed up a round by pressing shift plus p to pause the game first then pressing enter to start the round straight away without the 15 second delay as it was in the past. Personally I would make it you press shift plus p to pause the game and you press shift plus p to restart the game again to stop any confusion.

20. Raki,

So will this be fixed?
Or was it meant to happen like this.

21. Lemonade,

I think having the ability to play with two decks is a good thing. While it's true that the game will last forever with 15 players if interceptions are not allowed, I think this should be the responsibility of the table master.

22. Aminiel,

Personally I would make it you press shift plus p to pause the game and you press shift plus p to restart the
game again to stop any confusion.

It's finally going to be so, Shift+P will be both to pause and resume. I didn't noticed it at first place but enter causes some troubles in a couple games, e.g. connect 4, battleship.

22 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись