something about 1000 miles

5 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. sparkle98,

hello,
you have a grammar mistake on 1000 miles, when i play the end of speed card, it always says "you play a end of speed card"
you have to fix it because it's a grammar mistake, a can't come before the letter e so you have to change it to "you play an end of speed card"
same goes with accident.
thanks for reading and have a nice time on here.

Последнее изменение sparkle98, 25.10.2014 20:47:34

2. Aminiel,

Right, but it's more or less impossible to fix it at the moment; sorry.

3. basket,

Given that English is the developer's second language, some minor grammar mistakes can be excused I think.

4. Exink,

Sure thing. I think that don't care too much if there are grammar errors, all that matters is that the content is been understandable. For instance, I would say that in the spanish monopoly translation are missing some accents in some frases, but however, I can understand these frases. Well, that's my opinion.

Regards.

5. aravis,

unfortunately it's impossible to fix without involving too much extra program coding, i take it. the thing is that in such game messages the french indefinite article exists in two gendor forms while in english there are two variants in spelling: a and an. the first variant, that is a, is being used in the english translation. the names of the card following this word don't all start with a vowel, for example, green light, repair, spare tire, speed limit, so it would be grammatically incorrect to say an speed limit. smile. when it comes to translation of software, you have to sacrifice something, grammar in this case. i know i sounded like a professor, but that's pretty much an explanation.

5 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись