Bug with iOS and sounds

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +3

1. Isaac5457,

Hello, I have a bug to report with regard to sounds and iOS.
When you initially connect to the playroom, sounds do not play at all, even with adjusted settings.
Once a table is created and I interact with any of the controls (making the table private, customizing options, etc), all sounds play normally from that point.
If a player disconects (either by refreshing the page or temporarily losing the internet connection), there is a chance sounds will stop working until the user manually reconnects to the Playroom.
If a player performs dictation actions (triggering Siri and/or dictating chat messages), sounds will stop working until the player manually reconnects.
I am running iOS 16.3.
To my knowledge, no other OS and/or browser has this bug.
All speech behavior works as expected.
Thanks

счёт: +1

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

I'm perfectly aware of this, but sadly, we can only blame Apple.

A web page isn't allowed to play sounds until an explicit user interaction happen with the components of the web page.
For the playroom, it means that, until you press a button, no sound can be played at all.
And so the result is precisely what you have observed.

Officially, Apple do that to prevent unwanted sounds from disturbing the user. In truth, they do it to encourage switching to native apps, which of course don't have this limitation.

счёт: +2

3. Nikola,

What I find really silly here is that they don't even allow you to configure this based on individual sites, at least as far as I can see.
The strange thing is that on Mac OS, this is perfectly possible. It suffers from the same problem, but if I go to qcsalon.net site settings in Safari, I can perfectly set all media to always allow auto play, and this solves the problem. I don't know why such a setting isn't available on iOS.

4. Aminiel,

That's just a pure political stuff.

Apple see HTML5 web apps as a major threat for the app store ecosystem.
They don't want the former to win, and from their point of view it makes sense when you know that they take about 30% of all sells made in the app store for themselves. That's huge lucrative benefits.

So they put completely stupid limitations like this one.
They artificially make sure that user experience of web apps are always less good than native apps.

They more generally fight against all web standards that dont' serve their interests.
You can easily find out how far behind Safari is compared to Chrome and Firefox in the adoption of some key web standards. The browser war isn't at all dead with Internet Explorer.

Apple isn't alone, though. The egemony of Chrome/Chromium is also worrying.

4 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись