please change some of the ui messages to be more correct english.

9 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +3

1. amirmahdifard,

hello, I know a fue client ui messages that needs a little bit of correcting, and some of them needs to have some variables: for example, when you press w on a table, it says 1 people are sitting at the table: amirmahdifard: the table master is amirmahdifard. if i'm the only person at the table, I think it should be 1 person is sitting at the table instead, but if there are more than 1 person, people is correct: also, in 1000 miles, when you press enter or junk a card, it says are you sure you wish to junk that card, I would be happy if instead of saying that card, it should say the card name in that question: for example, are you sure you wish to junk that red light card? also, when someone junks a card, it says amirmahdifard junks a red light card: I think this leter (a) should be removed from this message, because sometimes it should be (AN), and sometimes it should be (A) depending on the message after that: thanks for reading.

счёт: +0

2. YNWA,

These are not English language errors.

If you say do you want to junk that card? then that is one line of instruction for the computer to deal with. if it says do you want to junk a 50 mile card then the computer has to write the sentence and find out that you have asked it to junk a 50 mile card.

счёт: -1

3. spaceship,

Regardless, I think the suggestions are useful depending on feasibility.

4. Nikola,

Hello,
I don't really understand the last one.
If the aim is to have correct English, then by removing A, we aren't really fixing anything, just replacing one error with another instead.
For example, you can't really say, you junk red light card.

I don't know if it sounds too unnatural, but one alternative way to fix this is to instead say, you junk a card red light.
That way, this a will always go before the noun card and will always be correct.

5. YNWA,

You should know what card you are junking and if you don't then say no.

With the person/people issue you have the same issue with card/cards or turn/turns in some cases.

счёт: -1

6. lucy_light,

I am sorry, but I think there is no point in classifying some variable event occurances as errors, as trying to fix an issue brings tons of others and might not even be reliable or practicable for that certain string.

счёт: +1

7. spaceship,

Agreeing with Nikola

8. Aminiel,

Hello,

The playroom doesn't support genres and pluralization well.
This isn't as easy as you think, since it works differently in each language.

Sorry.

счёт: +2

9. Radiant,

while we're at it, I'll throw another one. the client should stop considering everyone as male. instead of his, and him, we could use they and them as these pronouns could represent everyone regardless of knowing their gender.

9 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись