Happy New Shortcut, but

11 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +4

1. omeed ,

Hello all. I was somehow thrilled when I saw the option to decline an invitation by pressing control+d on the keyboard. However, I was completely unthrilled when I tried to decline an invitation, but actually doubled the stacks in a round of backgammon I was sure to lose. I'd be grateful if you could prevent me from being thrilled and unthrilled again.

счёт: +0

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

Do you know other places where Ctrl+D is already used ?
This will tell me which shortcut is simpler to change.

In the meantime before we fix it, the only solution is to don't press Ctrl+D when it's your turn.

Последнее изменение Aminiel, 16.06.2023 08:05:25

3. gemmi,

wel instead of ctrl +d, can you change it to ctrl plus j? that would be good. or the shortcut of accepting an invitation should be changed to ctrl +a and declining invitation can be ctrl + shift +a.

4. Jatayu,

I think we need a global playroom convention for how the keyboard shortcuts work.
Like where ctrl, shift, ctrl shift, I've seen it done inconsistently throughout sometimes, although to point out where exactly I'll have to look and it's too late for that tonight so sorry about that.

5. omeed ,

Aminiel: I know of no other game where control+d is used as a keyboard shortcut. However, control+shift+d could be a good choice if there is no functional overlap.

6. ibraheemmohsen,

ctrl+shift+J is the best.

счёт: +1

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

I wanted to take something different than Ctrl+Shift+J to avoid confusion with Ctrl+J without Shift.
I'm pretty sure that if I do it, I will have complains saying that someone joined by mistake when he/she wanted to decline or conversely.

I don't want to set Ctrl+Shift+D when joining is simply Ctrl+J either, or otherwise I would need to change Ctrl+J into Ctrl+Shift+J too.
I know that many shortcuts aren't very consistent, but that's not a reason to add yet another illogical thing.

That's the current reasonning behind Ctrl+D.

8. Nikola,

Hello,
I think you should simply change it to shift+D in Backgammon instead. In most games it's shift+letters anyway, ctrl is sometimes used but not too often and is reserved for global Playroom shortcuts, and as far as I remember shift+D doesn't do anything in Backgammon at the moment.

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

Doubling in backgammon has been changed to Shift+D. It was in fact the most logical, since most other games don't use Ctrl+letters, most often indeed reserved for more global shortcuts.

So doubling in backgammon is now Shift+D, while declining an invitation stays Ctrl+D.

10. Nikola,

Hello,
the item to double the stack in the context menu is now broken, I guess it hasn't been changed to perform the new shortcut.

Could you fix that one as well?

It would also probably be good to update this in the f1 string and the rules page.

Thanks.

11. majoz,

Hello, I'm up for reserving the ctrl to the global shortcuts, and keeping shift for the ingame ones. That's a good suggestion and it will make things way logical, even for further future features.

11 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись