Hi I would like the new version of Blind Extra.

18 сообщений, 1 страниц: 1  ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. OrsoNero,

Hi guys, I would like the new version of the addon of NVDA called Blind Extra. If you have got this addon, you can send me the file on the public folder on dropbox. Thanks very much. Pierpaolo Tieri.

2. Nikola-Jovic ,

Someone can indeed send you but there's no use, the developer shut it down so you can't download voices anymore, and the only thing you can use is switching synthesizers, but for that you can also use the switch synth addon from NVDA webpage. Not to mention blind extra not being really legal.

3. ziniur,

This is really illegal, it's oficialy banned by NVDA community. Read about it more at https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/blindExtra.en.html

4. Nikola-Jovic ,

Let me just say something about this. It's not a trojan for sure, and a more technical explanation for those experienced enough follows: The reason people think it's a trojan is because of the way it checks for updates. What it does it download a script from the server each time to check for updates, which made people worried that he can change the script any time in to something destructive. Illegal for sure, virus no. Just a lot of drama and panic for nothing. If you're afraid it's a virus, noone forces you to install it. In fact, NVDA warns you quite well that you should only install addons from trusted sources. In any case there's no need for any further drama, the addon is simply discontinued now and no longer works.

5. CaptainCold,

I have lot's of working english voices for that addon. Is it possible to somehow remove it's online parts and use it with no worries?

6. afrim,

Blind Extra will no longer work, but if you have not properly uninstalled it from your computer ,it may destroy the Sapi 5 of NVDA and you won't be able to use Sapi 5 voices with NVDA. I currenty have this problem and I don't know how to solve.

7. Nikola-Jovic ,

It's actually not as bad as you made it sound, install blind extra, and remove sapi 5 registration which you did with acapela voices. The author did say to use the remover so it doesn't destroy the voices, that's just a side effect of how it registers things.

8. helleon,

and yall wonder why some of us are loyal to jaws...

9. afrim,

The problem is that the Blind Extra add-on is shut down, which means that you cannot work with it, and consequently you cannot remove it. The solucion would be to remove the registry key, which I'm hunting, but I cannot find and remove it.

10. Nikola-Jovic ,

I don't wonder why are some of you loyal to jaws, rather why was that post needed if you don't understand fundamentals of what we talk about. Exactly same thing could happen with jaws. And Afrim, the addon is shut down, but nothing prevents you to install it and work with it, unless you don't have the file which i can send.

11. afrim,

I have a version of Blind extra, something like 3.2; not sure but if you could send the latest version it would be truly appreciated. The version I have now requires updating and doesn't work in any form.

12. Nikola-Jovic ,

Hello, i am sending the first and not the last version simply because this version doesn't do the update check, so you should be able to install it. Let me know if you still don't fix SAPI so i can send the file itself. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2cul2b2udwusja/BlindExtra-v1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1

13. opusti_se ,

Just relax

14. Sajad-Aliraqi,

The post before me was so random at all

15. the-vibe,

hi. I'm sending a link containing blindextra4.0(newest version as far as i know). This one works, does not show update messages, and when you press download voices or addons, they'll do nothing. A few files have just been removed and the rest is the same. I also Have some working voices for this addon. If anybody needs them, feel free to send a message. here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WtX8IbTkx1d1VBWkk2RmN4SjA/view?usp=sharing

16. Nikola-Jovic ,

Thanks for the link

17. afrim,

@Nicola and the Vibe, thank you both in advance! It does really work well now!

18. ernie96,

ugh. people and there Jaws. Ugh

18 сообщений, 1 страниц: 1  ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.