Spades tournament, soon

11 сообщений, 1 страниц: 1  ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Sevrior,

Right. A new spades tournament is being held, tentative dates are going to be the first weekend of June. This thread is just an alert, not an official place for scores, rules and the like.
I'd like those participating to respond here, instead of relying on me to compile a list. I'd prefer not to leave anyone out, and would prefer not to repeat the need to make team selections myself for people that may or may not agree with my choice.
So, please respond here if you are interested in competing within the next week or so, ideally with the times you can best attend, the person you would like on your team and any commentary you feel is valuable to the discussion regarding rules, timing or anything else.

2. EstrellaVega,

Yello all!

Thanks to all who are trying to make our gaming here more fun and attractive. Tournaments are a great way for that.
We're pleased to participate with Trabzonluilhan as a team. And most likely time would be in the evening, from 8 PM. Our time zone UTC +02.

Good luck all

3. Hayden,

Hello. I would like to partnered with JLove; preferred tie wudl be somewhere in the afternoon, around 12 central daylight saving's time is ideal.

4. JLove,

I would like to partner with HaydenDP, and any time is convenient.

Jody, A.K.A. JLove

5. Epic_Krrish,

Yello!

This is NaughtyKrrish, ya Kr'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'rish, Thank you for the initiative, I would like to inform that my team mate will be Badgirl, please note that I m from Fiji.
So my time is totally different, so all the best
Be aware of us, hahahah the naughtiest names :D:D:DDD
Regards Krrish

6. olitta ,

Hello,
We also would like to participate,me in a team with Asif. The convinient time for us is 9PM UTC+5,if its possible.
Thanks.

7. Sevrior,

Hello all!
The spades tournament starts today. I would like to extend my appoligies to all for the rushed feel; one of your organizers dropped a computer off of a balcony on accident.
That being said, I still intend to start this tournament immedietly, that being today. I am giving two hours in which you should look at this thread, read the list of names, and make sure yours is there. If it is not, contact me immedietly and we'll rectify the issue. After that, matches will be assigned, and we'll start with whomever we can find online. Depending on tonight's results, things will become more orderly in following matches. But, for now, embrace the chaos and get ready to play some spades.

The teams that I am aware of thus far are:
lucky-cat/freespirit,

naughtykrish and badgirl

fawaz and Ahmed

smoothy/tehseen

Mistborn/Mischief

cristina/diamond

mayank/manoj-parmar

Trabzonluilhan/EstrellaVega

Hayden/JLove

olitta/Asif

phyllis/mo934

rules and structure:

A tournament of this size sadly requires a few strictures be put in place. We have endeavored to keep them as simple and straightforward as possible, but would ask that all adhere to them throughout the tournament's process.

1: All matches must be observed by an impartial party, such as a tournament organizer or otherwise validated volonteer. This observer will then report the final scores to the forums, or contact an organizer to do so for them. Only scores reported in this manner will be valid. The observer ha
2: Should a team consistently fail to appear, or a partner of a team fail to attend the tournament with his or her partner, this team will be disqualified. Reasonable measures will be taken to prevent this, but should it become a recurring issue that interupts the tournament's progress, then there will be no other choice but to remove the team from the running.
3: Should a player go linkdead during a match, it is at the observer's discression whether this necessitates a restart of the game, or if the table can be saved and resumed at another time.

Structure:
The tournament shall be held in a series of single elimmination round. Each team shall be paired against another. The victor of this round moves to the next, and faces another random opponent. Losing teams are removed from the running. This means that the final two teams will each compete in a maximum of 4 matches.
Each round shall be played to a score of 200, with the exception of the finals match, which shall be played to 300.

Any complaints, questions or concerns can be sent to either Sevrior or Mayank online, and we will do our best to respond to them.
Finally, I would offer a caucionary note. This is a tournament, but it is only a game. Cheating ruins it for everyone, including yourself. Please, realize that we as organizers cannot enforce a policy of not communicating with your teammate through pm, or skype, or a myriad of other methods. But it does break the spirit of the game, and devalues it not just for your opponents, but for yourself. It means little if you win the tournament through deception.
So please, let us make this a fair tournament, absent of any cheating or trickery,. This is a good chance for us to all have some fun and enjoy the game we love.
Let's make it worth it, and good luck to all.

Последнее изменение Sevrior, 08.06.2014 20:47:03

8. dalglish7 ,

DRAW FOR THE FIRST SPADES TOURNAMENT

Please note the last 3 names have been given byes to the second round of the spades tournament.

ROUND 1

1 Mistborn/Mischief v lucky-cat/freespirit

2 mayank/manoj-parmar v phyllis/mo934

3 silly_soda_mommy/duchessv v Trabzonluilhan/EstrellaVega

4 naughtykrish and badgirl v olitta/Asif

5 smoothy/tehseen v fawaz and Ahmed

6 cristina/diamond

7 Guliwer/dalibor

8 Hayden/JLove

Good luck to all of you?

9. Epic_Krrish,

Message to our opponents, Olita and Asif. The best time for us to play would be tomorrow, tuesday, between 7-12 AM of UK time. We are living in different time areas and I am working, so we must find the most suitable time. Please, let us know if it is posible tomorrow. If not, the same situation is about wednesday. Otherwise we will try to find more suitable time to all of us on thursday or friday. Greetings. Naughtycrish and Badgirl.ish and Badgirl.

10. dalglish7 ,

Yellow all as a certain Lithuanian Lady has taught me to say! lol

There are 13 teams taking part in this summer's Spades tournament unless more get added at the last minute As the second round will contain 8 teams only 5 teams will be eliminated from the competition at this stage meaning the last 3 teams that have not been paired with another team will be given a bye into the second round. This means that the 5 winners of the 5 matches will take their place in the second round with the 3 teams that already have a bye into the second round

I will also add that the draws are completely random as there is no seeding so the 2 best teams could meet each other in the first round or the final just like the F.A. cup in England where Liverpool could play Manchester United or a team lower down the divisions such as Hereford United who few people know about. The draw for the whole competition has all been made so it is possible for you to find out who you are playing up to and including the final!

ROUND 1

Match 1. Mistborn/Mischief v lucky-cat/freespirit

Match 2. mayank/manoj-parmar v phyllis/mo934

Match 3. silly_soda_mommy/duchessv v Trabzonluilhan/EstrellaVega

Match 4. naughtykrish/ badgirl v olitta/Asif

Match 5. smoothy/tehseen v fawaz/Ahmed

match 6. cristina/diamond Bye

Match 7. Guliwer/dalibor Bye
Match 8. Haydendp/JLove bye

As we now have 8 teams I put them all in 1 pot and had a straight draw as it would now give 4 matches containing 8 teams allowing 4 teams to be eliminated from round 2 leaving 4 teams to contest the Semi-final

ROUND 2

Game A. Winner of Match 5 smoothy/tehseen v fawaz / Ahmed, v.
Winner of Match 3 silly_soda_mommy/duchessv v Trabzonluilhan/EstrellaVega

Game B. B Haydendp/JLove v.
Winner of Game 4 naughtykrish/ badgirl v olitta/Asif

Game C. Guliwer/dalibor V
Winner of Match 2 mayank/manoj-parmar v. phyllis/mo934

Game D. Winner of Match 1 Mistborn/Mischief v lucky-cat/freespirit V
cristina/diamond

SEMI-FINAL

Match 1. Winner of Game D. Winner of Match 1 Mistborn/Mischief v. lucky-cat/freespirit, V. cristina/diamond, V
Winner of Game B. B Haydendp/JLove v .Winner of Game 4 naughtykrish/ badgirl v olitta/Asif

Match 2. Winner of Game C. Guliwer/dalibor V Winner of Match 2 mayank/manoj-parmar v phyllis/mo934 v
Winner of Game A. Winner of Match 5 smoothy/tehseen v fawaz / Ahmed v Winner of Match 3 silly_soda_mommy/duchessv v Trabzonluilhan/EstrellaVega

The Final

The winners of both semi-finals will play each other to become the winners of the whole competition

That concludes the draw for The Summer Spades tournament. I can now only wish you all the best of luck and hope you have a wonderful and enjoyable tournament even if the result does not go as planned!

11. Hayden,

Hello,
At present, I'm not really sure what's ggoing on here, and I'm not sure if Jody and myself are still in or if we've heen disqualified; I hadn't seen the forum post.

11 сообщений, 1 страниц: 1  ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.