who is that again?

67 Nachrichten, 3 Seiten:  1 23 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +48

~SurveyHheader~: What would you modify regarding nickname changes ?

What would you modify regarding nickname changes ?

9 (18%)

9 (18%)

2 (4%)

5 (10%)

24 (49%)

0 (0%)

49 ~SurveyVotes~
~SurveyMulti0~
~SurveyNominative0~
~SurveyClosed~

61. sky360,

<or display name changes are moderated, in which case it doesn't provide any real advantage compared to the current system.> I completely disagree, the purpose of this thread was to take measures against people being confused about who a person formally was after he changes his name, not about reducing the work load of the moderators. of course the workload of moderators should be considered, but that is outside the scope of this topic. also how about limiting display name changes to once in 30 days, or the system regarding an extra string showing in friends list such as formally known as X is a good solution. adding bio is a good thing, but it doesn't really solve the problem at hand as they can choose to change their bio and their name both. talking about people not being technically aware, I am sure people will be confused for a while and after using the new system for few days, everyone will get used to it. we can't stay back from adopting new things just because some people are not aware, making them aware by educating them is a better solution in my view.

~msgScore~: +1

62. Radiant,

pretty much every social sight assigns you a unique identity through usernames, the concept has been there for years, it not only solves the issue of identity spoofing, it also assigns you a unique identity in the Quentin C's Game Room database, so you could hopefully recover your old account if you lost your email access along with the password.

~msgScore~: +0

63. Emerald,

Well you can change usernames and bio at the same time yes, but being on one’s friend list, you must somewhat know ones online personality and writing style. This is one thing that doesn’t really disappear. The bios give a sense of control on what people want to show and what they want to hold back. It’s important to know that there will always be an issue regarding identity online. People can always delete their accounts and create new ones if the whole changing usernames diddn’t exist. In this case, not writing a bio by which one revealed their previous username, is really up to them and the least of the issues that presents here. However, I do believe people would write bios mainly because it’s quick, easy and it can at one point look bad on their part if they did not provide one, depending if you are a person that gives into conforming to blend in or not. And if you don’t care about bios, you just don’t have to read or write any of them

64. YNWA,

Your "friends list" is really your "people who you play against list" in the true sense of the phrase. You have people on your list who you have known for a long time and some you have only just met. Remember that if some players choose the setting that only "friends" can only join their table then that player may have only added a player to their friends list to enable them to play the game. I am not against people being able to share a brief synopsis about themselves but I do think there will need to be a setting such as "personal friends list" where more private details would be given. If you do not wish to include any info then you would just leave your friends list as it is.

~msgScore~: +1

65. Emerald,

Yeah put the setting who can see my bio and then be able to put friends only or favourites only etc. just a thought

66. Nikola,

I am not against people being able to share a brief synopsis about themselves but I do think there will need to be a setting such as "personal friends list" where more private details would be given. If you do not wish to include any info then you would just leave your friends list as it is.

That's exactly how I see your list of favorites. As a reminder, favorites is a new feature recently introduced where you can add friends to this list, and configure your privacy options as you like. The way I see it, favorites are the people you talk to most often and share personal details with, but the way I see it doesn't matter because in my view, this should be a personal preference.

In my opinion, It's not up to me or anyone else to decide what should be shared on a profile and what should not, simply give privacy options just like all the other features and let the individual decide, as some are comfortable to share more, and some not as much, furthermore all other networks allow you to choose who should see your profile and who should not.

~msgScore~: +2

Zuletzt geändert von Nikola, Jul 3 2023 00:10:30

67. supertrend ,

Username should be unique,
and display name should be changeable anytime, and as per wish of the user.
This is what most of social platform follows.
This will directly remove the workload of modrators, and for those who keep changing names time to time,
can get identify by there usernames?
or even if usernames also flexible, i don't think that can create any problem?
for those who want to change there user name / name, they should have full rights to do that.
if one have problem with that, they can simply stop talking?
A bio also can introduce, with privacy settings, like who can see my bio etc.

~msgScore~: +5

67 Nachrichten, 3 Seiten:  1 23 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen