Chess in the web client

7 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. ibrahim,

Hello all. Is it possible to play chess from the web client? I joined a chess table as a spectator and I couldn't see the board, is there any way to view the board?
Another thing is that the time limit feature is still not working.

2. Nikola,

Hello,
yes, Chess should be perfectly playable from the web client.

As a spectator however, there is currently one small bug. When you join a game in progress, you must press either the number 1 or 2, and the board will show up. (1 from the white's perspective,2 from the black's)

The only thing not possible from the web client is playing with bots.

~msgScore~: +2

Zuletzt geändert von Nikola, May 29 2023 14:45:09

3. ibrahim,

تّّThanks for your reply. But how to press 1 or 2 from the web client? There is no keyboard shown

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

For pressing 1 and 2, in fact, you need an external keyboard at the moment. I need to add buttons to select view in spectator mode.

Note that you won't visually see the board on the web client currently. That's also something I need to work on.

~msgScore~: +2

5. Nikola,

Hello,
such buttons already exist, they just have wrong conditions, so I guess it's better to fix the existing ones. They have the following two problems:

1. The ones that currently exist show up only when you are a player, where as it should be the opposite, they should show up when you are a spectator. If you start a game and are a player, you should see them.
  2. In addition to that, their string format is wrong. Right now they display the following to the players:
  3. "Change to view #%d"
    %d should be replaced with %1 so that this text is correctly substituted with the view number. Testing this in Serbian, if this is done, everything seems to work correctly and you are switched to the appropriate view, so this second one should be a simple fix.

Also, generally, and this was the case some time in 2020 before the big Chess updates, when you join the table as a spectator, you shouldn't need to press 1 or 2. You should be in a view by default, doesn't matter whether it's white or black. This is quite confusing for new users, because not only is the game field looking completely empty, but commands like t, c, and so on do not work until you press either 1 or 2.

~msgScore~: +1

6. ibrahim,

Thank you Ameniel and Nikola for your help. Please consider fixing the time limit bug as well.

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

The string of the buttons have been fixed and they should now also appear for spectators.
Thank you for signaling the problem.

~msgScore~: +3

7 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen