adding Cards against Humanity for a new game

22 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +5

1. MaverickWilde,

This game has so many great games, I think it would be awesome if we could play cards against humanity

~msgScore~: +0

2. aims,

agreed!

3. MuhammadHajjar,

Definitely agree!

4. lucy_light,

Yeah, that would be something.

5. aayushi,

apples to apples can also be considered. I aggree but cards against humanity cannot be played by younger people if there are any. Thank you.

6. YNWA,

This request has been made a while ago and since then I have seen a family version of Cards against Humanity advertised on a well known website. I know it is available in English and Spanish but not sure how well it would translate into other languages. It works well on RS and Apples to Apples too but there is a bug so you can work out with 3 players which card belongs to whom. Having said that you always need more than 3 players as it is a 50-50 chance.

~msgScore~: -1

7. theSocialIntrovert,

I could imagine that something similar exists in other countries as well. We have several versions of cards against humanity in Denmark, some worse than others. So maybe you could find a version from each language on the platform and implement them, if the game is going to be implemented of course.

8. unolover,

I f u want to play that go to rs gmes

9. lucy_light,

I am afraid this atitude won't help that much with the development. Maybe the game would be different on this platform. Every team has their own way of seeing a matter. Moreover, a family friendly version is being discussed, thing which other platforms do not host, so I am looking forward for it.

10. Aminiel,

Hello,

I have always more or less refused that game because I thought it to be difficult to translate because it contained specific english or anglo-saxon jokes. In fact the game exists also in French, I didn't know until quite recently, under the names "blanc manger coco" and "limite limite".

I think it would be quite a great game, but we need to be especially careful not to take a version with 18+ contents to start with.
It might encourage people to play more together rather than always with bots, which is certainy a good thing.

However, as you know, there are a lot of people under 18 on the playroom and we can't take any risk, or we would need to require you to enter your birthdate before you could play.
To make sure that the content isn't too offensive or explicit, maybe it would be easier to create our own pack.

In fact, I would be interested to have a small set of sample cards to see how it looks like, if someone can send that to me. I don't have the game myself.

~msgScore~: +1

11. YNWA,

From advice from other websites I have seen it has been suggested that people remove cards they are not happy with so your suggestion would work well.

the website below is the family version: (the level is PG so please be aware)

https://www. cardsagainsthumanityfamilyedition.com/

I have added an extra space so people can't enter by accident.

12. Aminiel,

Hello,

This family edition looks interesting. For some of the cards, I don't know if it's random names or if it's specific american references I don't know about. For example Kayla, Chungo, Riley.
After replacing too specific american references by more international things, it could be a good start.

At first glance this version doesn't look too hot, but still, a warning before entering the game for the first time will be necessary.
Everybody must remind that it's humoristic and quirky on purpose, and that some elements may be a little shocking for some people.

What do you think about changing the rules a little ?
All players would be able to vote for his/her favorite answer. Of course you wouldn't be allowed to vote for your own answer.
The advantage is the same as the little exam with random judge for each proposition, i.e. everybody plays at every round without the need to be a dedicated judge every N rounds.

Ah, and one more thing: it should be obvious, but just in case: there couldn't be bots in such a game.

Zuletzt geändert von Aminiel, Jul 16 2023 10:14:54

13. YNWA,

I agree that this game is not for bots as it is an opinions game. I think everybody choosing the card they like best at the end of the round excluding their own card does have a lot of advantages particularly when there could be 3 or 4 players playing for a lot of games. If use the example of a 3 player game where the judge has 11 cards and one of the other players also has 11 cards needing 1 card to win then the judge has a 50-50 chance of trying to find the person who has the fewest cards to keep the game alive. Under the new system both players with 11 cards could still win after submitting their card.

Kayla is a girl's name and Riley would be a first name/surname and maybe Chungo could be a nickname.

14. codbro,

it would be great to see that to be honest, the little exam is great, so something similar where there isn't a set thing you have to type would be very welcome

15. Emerald,

Apples to apples would be more of a family game and thus more suitable if we’re considering under 18. Alternatively I guess you could always make your own pack and have people submit card ideas like you can do for quiz party. Would need another team maybe to validate by which I think is possible. I’d not mind for example. Idk just an idea.

16. YNWA,

It is possible to add both of the Apples to Apples and Cards Against Humanity family versions over time. I don't mind what version but one of the things I do like about the Cards Against Humanity version is you are able to play 3 cards at the same time for some options and that can make it more fun.

I don't think it is a good idea people sending in their own Apples to Apples cards as there are already plenty of good ones out there. I am also not sure how it works out when translated into other languages. Adding a third person who may get things wrong would complicate matters.

17. Aminiel,

Hello,

The cards aren't easily translatable, since there are a lot of references to american stuff.

Many cards of the official pack aren't acceptable in fact. How could we have a game talking about things that we explicitly forbid in our rules ?
There is of course one place for humor and quirky, but htere are also limits.

For at least these two reasons, the simplest for everybody is to make up our own packs, one for each language, and not attempt to translate. We can inspire from existing packs, though. I think our only good option is to make something working like quiz party.

18. YNWA,

Here is an example of some Red and Green apple sets for Apples to Apples:

http://www.com-www.com/applestoapples/applestoapples-partyexpansion2.html

Translating into other languages as I said in the past is the issue. If you create from new you inherit all the problems that come with that and those problems would stay in Apples to Apples for years.

19. Emerald,

My take is this: RS cards against humanity has flaws as in it allows underaged to play and just like mentioned by the developer it goes against its own rules. Apples to apples on RS games is nice but can get dull and predictable and has lost its popularity but would have more potencial if things were regularly updated.
Having another comunity game like quiz party will attract the players on here who want to be social and make memories. It’s a chilled out game to play with friends. Since a lot of players here like cards due to being able to submit more than 1 card, and a few like apples to apples, the two can be combined so that it makes a fun, simple but also stimulating game.
As time goes on, common interests can be shared as in cards that have notable references. We could call it fruity bowls, colours of humanity, etc.
I’m happy to take this on and be a validator since I have a lot of time and understand the dynamics of playroom and I’m sure others will be too.

Many thanks for your consideration and one can get in touch further to develop this idea. A group should be made. I’m not sure how quiz party came about but imagine the two brining on success!

20. YNWA,

People had many times requested Apples to Apples and or Cards Against Humanity and may do so again. The point of pointing out the family edition of Cards Against Humanity was there was another alternative. I would play all 3 editions from time to time if available as I do on RS with just the 2 as it stands.

I agree with you that modifications can be made to get the best out of the game and make it more interesting. It is up to Aminiel the way he wants to go but if you are willing to take on the responsibility for creating a Apples to Apples validation team then why not.

21. Emerald,

Absolutely! I’m sure a team can be made and which other version we aggree will be the best. A family one is as good as a home-made QC addition.
Let’s see where this goes. We can start with a family pack and then expand it or whatever other people think.

22. aayushi,

I like apples to apples. though it might be predictable but it is fun and I think icards are a lighthearted fation. Its only aimed for fun and everyone can play. I like cards against huminaty but its quite sencitive to some people I guess.

22 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen