Forum RSS feeds

6 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +6

1. Nikola,

Hello,
ever since the subscriptions feature stopped sending emails, we lost a way to quickly be notified about the topics or forums we follow.

The reasoning for this is of course understandable, so I was thinking, would it be possible to create RSS feeds for the forum? I was thinking a feed per forum. There are many readers which would allow to receive notifications when a feed is updated, and in my view, this could be quite a good replacement without causing many problems.

Each topic having its own feed would probably be too much, but at least the updates and work in progress could have one so that you could also be notified when an update is posted.

I have talked about this in the past, but another alternative that could be considered is the possibility of receiving client notifications for everything in your subscriptions.

Thanks.

~msgScore~: +1

2. Emerald,

Is the email notification thing removed? I thought it was just me who experienced this when i pressed it and nothing happened. Figured i was subscribed to too many things accidentally.

~msgScore~: +0

3. Nikola,

Hello,
yes, the emails work only in your inbox now.

4. StormProductions,

Was it removed due to too many emails, or is there another reason that I'm not aware of?

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

It was removed because it generated too many e-mails and we were often blocked by gmail, hotmail, etc. for that reason, and more important e-mails for account creation, lost password, etc. didn't go through (and this later was a real problem).
So notification by e-mail only work for private inbox, and by doing so we make sure that we are no longer blocked for spam by traditional providers or at least not as often.

Now for the question of RSS feeds, I'm a little afraid to receive too many requests, and how it could work for securely accessing private inbox if we must or should allow it. I need to discuss it with other admins. We will probably need to install stuff to block too agressive clients or things like that. It isn't as simple as you may think.

6. blaise97,

hello,
yes, accessing your umbox that way will be a serious security glitch and anyway completly useless. in my opinion this is only usefule for forum...

6 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen