Tysiac for 2 and 4 players

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +3

1. Nikola,

Hello,
now that Tysiac works globally well, I wanted to remind about an earlier suggestion, versions for 2 and 4 players. Adapting the game depending on the number of players would certainly make it more flexible depending on the situation, and the 2 players version is also quite fun.

For the 4 players version, there is nothing special to write. The player next to the dealer simply doesn't take part in the round. He wins the points of the kitty, including if it has any marriages.
Every round, it's a different pausing player.
All other rules remain the same. In some regions it's the player opposite of the dealer pausing, but I don't think that this is very important and both choices have the same effect.

Two players version

this one is a little more involved because there are several variants, but it mostly concerns changing how the cards are dealt, so it should not be too much work still hopefully. I leave the 3 variants I know about, you can choose the one most suitable for implementation.

Polish Tysiac

In this variant, two players receive 10 cards. There are two different kitties of 2 cards each. They are of course hidden at the beginning. Bidding works the same, with the player next to the dealer making a mandatory bid of 100 at least.
The taker of the round chooses a kitty to reveal, first or second, of course without knowing its contents yet. Once the kitty is revealed, it goes to the hand of the taker. The taker then discards two cards of his choice, and finally the round begins with 10 tricks.

The cards of the second (hidden kitty) don't play any part in the round, nor do the discarded cards, unless in one condition. If the taker bids 120 and wins all tricks, he wins the points from the hidden cards so that he can have a total of 120 points.

Russian Tysiac

In this variant of the game, the two players receive 8 cards. There are also two kitties, but this time of 4 cards each.
The taker reveals one of them, and adds it to his hand. Then, he gives two cards to his opponent. In the end, we again have 10 tricks to play.
The second hidden kitty is important for the winner of the last trick of the round, as he wins all the points contained in it.

This variant is probably my favorite, as it allows you to try to prepare and win the last trick, in order to prevent your opponent from winning additional points.

Russian Tysiac 2

This is the variant that I've never really played personally and it sounds the least exciting, but it's described on Pagat, so wanted to mention it just in case.
9 cards are dealt to each player, and there are two kitties of 3 cards. The taker takes one kitty as usual, He discards one card, keeps one for himself, and gives one to his opponent. In this variant, the hidden cards never play a part, even if the taker wins all the tricks.
This version also changes a few things regarding bidding:

• The bidding starts at 85 and not 100,
  • There is no ability to abandon the round, no 0 scores and no barrel,

These are the items that make this variant the least exciting, in my view.

Hopefully you can implement one of the two player versions, and as usual, I am here for any clarifications or comments. Thanks for all the work done on the game so far.

~msgScore~: +1

2. aayushi,

I aggree with the polish one its more exciting with the hidden card.

~msgScore~: +0

3. HeadphoneJack,

Dealer sitting out is pretty common in three-player games crowbarred into working with four, but this one feels especially dumb because the dealer gets the value of the 3 cards that randomly happened to be there, which would definitely excite the guys that suggested to add the slot machines on here though.

For two-player games, I like draw 1000 myself, even if it's quite different from the original game.

Six cards are dealt to each player and the remaining twelve cards are placed face down in the centre to form a drawing stock. There is no bidding. The dealer's opponent leads to the first trick. For the first six tricks there is no requirement to follow suit - any card may be played. After each trick the trick winner draws the top cards of the stock and the other player draws the next card, so that each player has six cards at the start of each trick. Trumps can be made and changed by announcing king-queen pairs as usual. After six tricks, when the stock is exhausted, the play continues, but now it is obligatory to follow suit and to trump if unable to follow. When all twelve tricks have been played the players add the points in the tricks they have won, plus points for king-queen pairs declared, and add them to their cumulative scores. The first player to achieve a score of 1000 points or more at the end of a hand is the winner. If both reach 1000 or more points in the same hand, the player with the higher score wins; if the scores are equal another hand is played.

4. Nikola,

@HeadphoneJack That version is excellent, but I would keep it for another game, 66. It basically has the same underlying principles, but more strategy, having to stop the round when you have earned 66 points, and a couple of other items. 1000 with no bidding breaks one of the main reasons the game is interesting, in my view. For 66, see this page.

Of course it is a little random that in 4 players version you earn points for nothing, but that's 1 round out of 4, and with a not so high likelyhood that there will be a marriage in the firstplace. It would at the same time not be so fun that you earn 0, but on the other hand, in some region the marriages aren't counted in this case, you earn only the points of the cards themselves. I am fine with this as well.

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

At first glance, the russian version seem to be the most interesting one.

As usual, I can't promise anything, and no release date, but one day you might get up with a good surprise.

~msgScore~: +2

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen