How can this be a peaceful community...

41 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten: 12  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

31. Nikola,

@Aminiel well, if we asked for the translation so often is because there is obviously a demand for it. You are not a native English speaker, and you should know how frustrating it is for people when a new game comes out with no translation support. This is what happened with Citadels. It's an awesome game, but one of those very hard to play with no knowledge of English due to the number of cards available. People use various translation addons, but it's far from an ideal experience as it's much slower than having a native software translation. None of us can say for certain opening this translation will cause 60 new players to come, while this one will fail and it will give you only 8 new players. However, by that logic it's hard to open any future translation. Regarding French, I don't know what level of communication is needed, but whatever it is I am sure it does not require professional knowledge of English to be understood. My guess would be that it's regarding explaining the interface for managing your translation. So if Anneau-de-saturne can't speak enough English, why don't you do it for a few translations where you don't have anyone who can speak enough French? Again, I don't know how much time that takes, but if it is what I mentioned, interface explanations, that should not be so hard to do.
Hopefully the process will be simplified for opening new translations one day, until then, people will have to use hacky solutions such as Jaws and NVDA dictionaries, translation addons just to play a game. Having made one of those already for NVDA, the process is not simple.

32. Aminiel,

However, by that logic it's hard to open any future translation.

That's correct, you get a point here.

Regarding French, I don't know what level of communication is needed, but whatever it is I am sure it does not require professional knowledge of English
to be understood. My guess would be that it's regarding explaining the interface for managing your translation. So if Anneau-de-saturne can't speak enough
English, why don't you do it for a few translations where you don't have anyone who can speak enough French?

That's a good question. I should talk about it in the staff.

33. Aminiel,

I had to leave when writing my previous message, so I kept it short.

You seem to be quite motivated. I'll try to talk about translations from English with the staff.

Is it true that you translated crazy party ? This could help

34. Nikola,

Yes, I have translated and am of course still working on Crazy party, as can be seen if you look at the thanks section of http://pragmapragma.free.fr/crazy-party/
We had Serbian since beta 47, as you can see if you look at the changelog. Ever since then I have kept the translation up to date, so you can see that I am serious and don't leave translations once they are complete. It is not the only project, the largest one I work on is NVDA, and that since about 2015. Of course, I am glad you realized that we are motivated to work on the Playroom, and I do hope that conversation will be positive and our community will soon be able to enjoy this great platform in our native language.
Thanks for your replies, and hopefully the administration team will take everything into consideration and allow us to start the translation. The entire community of Serbian players will be very grateful.

Zuletzt geändert von Nikola, Feb 13 2020 22:22:13

35. Ryan_K ,

Man said image of the playroom. Round of applause for playroom president please.

36. StormProductions,

@Aminiel, I'm also translating NVDA into Romanian, if you look at the contributors list, you'll see my name out there. I'm also one of the admins of the Romanian NVDA Community and the website designer for it.
I understand that translators need to be serious and not leave the translation process as soon as it's complete. So of course I'd love to translate in Romanian if the staff wouild take in consideration the fact that there are people who are willing to translate from English.
I have also talked with my Romanian team and they're all serious and ready to do it whenever it's going to be possible.
I know, this thread has another topic, but since your permanent messages are made only for friends I'm unable to message you privately.
Thanks for reading.

37. YNWA,

Just a comment on a previous post although in some way it does relate to the later ones.

It is disrespectful to say shame on the helpers who left the English part. If Nikola and storm become translators people cannot expect them to be translators until they die and Aminiel of course knows this. This is the same for anybody volunteering to be Admin/helpers/translators/quiz party validators. Nobody knows how their life will plan out or how their circumstances change. Some find employment and family circumstances change for others so it is wrong to judge people until you know 100% the facts. You can say there should have been better planning and maybe you would be right.

As I said before I have my doubts on some of the numbers who will use some of the new suggested translated languages but it is up to people who know that language to make it work as well as spread the word.

All I will add is I wish you the best of luck and remember you are the custodians for that part of the PR and how well things go will shape future translations of the PR.

38. Nikola,

Thanks Ynwa for the support. This is something I agree on, people working on the translation should also spend some time promoting the Playroom in their local forums, which is definitely something I would be doing. We are hoping this time it will actually go somewhere and we will hear some good news soon.

39. StormProductions,

I already have friends who would like to play but they speak only Romanian and don't speak English, so of course they're going to have a lot of help having this game translated.

40. Basti,

I am glad to see that a topic like this has been raised, and of course I hear these answers from Mr. Aminiel. Is there any news? Have you talked to the rest of the team? As someone who does not speak English, I would definitely love to see a playroom in Serbian and enjoy games that are impossible to play without quality translation. Games like this are the little exam, Citadels and of course the quiz. Hopefully something will be done soon. Best regards.
Apologies if my English wasn't very good, I used Google translate to write this message. Thank you for understanding and adapting the playroom to people who do not speak English.
Apologies if my English wasn't very good, I used Google translate to write this message. Thank you for understanding and adapting the playroom to people who do not speak English.

41. dragonoid,

i'll be happy to translate the p r in to arabic, sins i speak french and arabic, and i may help trans;ate.

41 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten: 12  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können