Expansion of social features

8 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. Gushasad,

Hello!
I have recently discovered the social aspect of the Playroom and I see a very big potential in it. With the recent things that are happening on ELten I have been searching for a new virtual home for me and my friends and vua la! I found it, however I see some flaws in it.
First of all, the messages are not refreshing in the window, what I mean is that whenever I get a new permanent message and I am currently in the conversation window I have to close and reopen it to see the changes.
Secondly, it would be good if I could minimize Quentin to the tray natively without using the 3RD applications.

2. Nikola,

Hello. The reason permanent messages are not automatically refreshing is probably because noone uses them in this way. Permanent messages are usually used to notify people about something, or to send a message to someone who isn't online making sure they will get the message. For instant communication, it is much better to use private messages, available by typing @username message, whenever someone is online, or simply by inviting them to a free table and chatting. For the system tray though, I agree. I usually keep the Playroom open and it can be useful. Another platform already does this and it works quite well, with additional options to bring the program back to the front for the notification type you select, example if you get a PM the program goes back to view. Of course that should be up to users to decide if it should happen at all, and if yes for which types of notifications.

3. Gushasad,

i wonder what platform you talk about though. I am interested in community websites

4. Nikola,

I was talking about OnToys, a Russian gaming client and a social network. It has an English translation, but not too many users at the moment. You can feel free to message privately about it if you need more info, but there is also a topic on the audiogames forum about it.

5. ogoniciel,

But maybe, if it will refreshjing automatically users will using it more often

6. Nikola,

I doubt it. What is easier when two people are online and chatting? Typing @nikola hi or opening a menu, finding a discussion and replying? Permanent messages have their purpose, but aren't really for quick and instant communication. Besides, you get a notification for a new message, and if you are already in the menu refreshing it is as simple as pressing f11, so it doesn't even take long to do.

7. ogoniciel,

HM, but i thing automatically refresh group conversations is the future of the permanent messages.

8. Fawaz,

Inbox is more like emails, for the conversations you use pms.

8 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können