Some suggestions on cribbage

10 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. Raki,

Hello,

Here are a few things that I’ve noticed in cribbage.

First, I was playing with 2 other players, the score limit was put to 50 points.
When one of the players passed 50 points, the game was over, the next player didn’t get a chance to put her scores down.
Let me give you an example.
I’ve put my scores down, now its player X’s turn.
Player X puts his score down, and he reaches the score limit; he wins, game over.
However, Player Y didn’t get a chance to put her scores down.
The cribe also belonged to player Y, so player Y did have a realistic shot of catching player X.
But she didn’t get a turn.

Second, this might not be that important but, I still think I should mention it.
When you enter your score, and if you leave the box blank, it automatically counts as 0 points.
So if someone hits enter twice accidently, well, there screwed, because it counts as if they entered 0 points.
I think only, and if only someone types in 0 it should count as 0points, and not if someone leaves the field blank.

Third, we need a noise or something to alert us when our opponent has marked his score, and it’s our turn.
In other games for example, we here the noise of a card so that tells us that our opponent has played.
Because with sending messages and doing other things, sometimes your screen reader doesn’t say “so and so has marked so many points” so we need a noise to tell us, like all the other games.

Thanks Allot

Zuletzt geändert von Raki, Nov 4 2014 05:59:03

2. Aminiel,

First, I was playing with 2 other players, the score limit was put to 50 points.

This is so intended. Cribbage rules say that, as soon as you have reached the target score, you immediately win. It is so because when you play in real life, a board with 120 wholes is used to mark your score, and the game is over when you go out.

I take note for your two other remarks. Thank you for your suggestions.

3. aravis,

hello all,

i support your suggestion about a sound notifying that someone has scored, just like in farkle we hear a sound when our opponent banks his or her points. concerning the game being terminated when one of the players exceeds the target score without giving the others a chance to count their points, this is a rule from original cribbage, so i don't think it's a bug. but it's very good you've brought all this up anyway.

Zuletzt geändert von aravis, Nov 4 2014 08:20:36

4. Exink,

Yea, I also have been thinking in the posibility to add a sound when a player score is marked. For example: If the score is marked right, the sound of "The Little exam" is played when the judge adds points to a player, and when the score is marked wrong, the sound when the judge removes points to a player is played. What think about this, specially you, Aminiel? Thanks a lot!

Zuletzt geändert von Exink, Nov 4 2014 19:34:44

5. Raki,

Thanks a lot.

heh, my bad; I missed that rule.

6. fleurette,

Hi! I was wondering, would it be possible to add automatic scoring to this game? Self-scoring could still be one of the default options, but automatic scoring could be chosen as an alternative, among the non-default options, just like we can already change the target score from 121 to something else. I suggest this for two reasons. Firsly, I know of some people who have difficulties scoring in Cribbage, and I admit I make mistakes when scoring myself, even though my arithmetic is usually good. Secondly, if we're playing against bots, the bots will always score their hands and cribs correctly, but we humans can make mistakes, however good we are at scoring, which makes the bots more likely to win. It's true that scoring in Cribbage ourselves makes this game more of a challenge, and I know scoring is important in Cribbage, but the strategy we use to get a good score is equally important as far as I am concerned, so, even if the score is added up automatically, people who can plan their moves well but are not so good at scoring their hands and cribs afterwards have a fairer chance of winning if they have an auto-scoring option to work with. I hope such an option is possible in a non-default game, for the reasons I have explained here.

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

My prediction is that, if an auto scoring is proposed, then allmost nobody will play any longer with manual scoring, even if it isn't the default option. Then, cribbage will just become a slightly enhanced version of ninety nine.

This would be so to say leveling players' involvement by the bottom, and in my opinion it's not much desirable.

8. Raki,

No, auto scoring would take all the fun out of cribbage.
What would be the point of cribbage then? That’s the whole point, you count your combinations, you try to do your best and hope that your opponent makes a mistake so you win.

9. Exink,

Hi,

I have other small suggestion.

When We are choosing the cards to put in the crib, some players gets confused, because the game don't starts if one or us did yet not put her/his cards, and I heard players telling that It's a bug, when in reality, not all the players has put the cards.

So, my idea is:

We can press key "t", not for know who's turn to play, if not for knowing who has played and who did not. In this way, We would notify to the player that he/she must play for starting.

Thank you very much!

10. Raki,

Yup, I like that suggestion.

10 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen