can we change some wording

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. whozitken,

Hi list have a problem and don't know why this topic is not here so reposting. yesterday during a game taking place on the out of sight voice chat community and here on playroom one player had to reboot. I was asked by another player to save the table since I was now tablemaster after the original master had been kicked out of the client. he was doing a reboot. so I saved. one of the other players created a new table, but I couldn't PM them nore could I join them because they are set only to allow friends to play with them or send private messages or inbox messages. the problem is language. this user doesn't accept friend requests because of the playroom's use of the french word to ask demander. or the verb to request demandes. in english that word spelled with two M's is saying you demmand immediately or order it. I demmand you to release that hostage for example. it isn't a request the way americans use the word. but this player who is american sees that word demandes and thinks I'm being ordered to be someones friend or else. can you please replace the french word with the english word requests. I can't play a game with this user unless she is my friend and she won't accept requests unless the wording is changed. we aren't ordering people be my friend or else we are asking. can you please at least clarify this. it ruined a good game of spades.

2. Aminiel,

Please don't do 18km messages. I don't understand anything.

If that person want only to play with his friends, and if he don't want to add you as a friend, it's his choice; he isn't obliged to accept your demand, it's up to him to accept or reject it.

3. Exink,

I was not also accepted by a person in the french comunity, but I haven't done anything wrong to her. However, I don't think that we have to post these things in the forum...

Zuletzt geändert von Exink, Jan 30 2015 00:42:08

4. dalglish7 ,

A demand is an agressive term in The English language. a request is a better and more polite way of answering a question. If I demanded you to change demand to request that would be aninsult as I have no right to tell you how to run the playroom. However, if I requested that you change that then it would be asking you nicely and should you reject it then it would be your choice. like me telling you to do it or else! A Friends Request is something that is meant to be a pleasant one and of course then it will be up for that person to accept it or not. I am sure you agree that changing the wording would not enabled that person to accept or decline unless they wanted too do so.

Zuletzt geändert von dalglish7 , Jan 31 2015 12:35:28

5. whozitken,

thanks that is the problem that last person cleared it up so in other word can we change the word from the french word damand to the word request? the word demmand is an english word to order someone. this person who speaks english doesn't accept friends because of that word demand. if the wording was "Request" not Demandes this person would be my friend possibly.

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen