an option for pausing and resuming the stream

20 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. aakash,

hi, so I thaught that there should a option of pausing and resuming the stream also. what do you all think?

2. Mrityunjay,

not just that, a seek slider too.

3. augma ,

not just that. , a download button too

4. Marina,

Not just that, a shortcut to open VLC player too.

5. Vojvoda,

Not just that, a 20% discount on all Nike sneakers from the previous year too.

6. MuhammadHajjar,

Not just that, something creative too

Zuletzt geändert von MuhammadHajjar, Mar 24 2022 18:33:37

7. augma ,

not just that. , a speed adjuster too

8. Naday,

Not just that. A free-of-spam forum too.
Otherwise I agree.

9. chan,

the idea of pausing and resuming is a good option. i dont know why people took this suggestion as a spammy one.

10. Spongebob,

I agree with the pause and play option though, it's a good suggestion.

11. Mohammedradwan2003,

i agree with the seek slider
and well with the idea
and hey, see here, the helper who refuses the spam spammed the topic herself

12. Nikola,

That's only an ironic comment telling you to use a media player for a richer and better experience while listening to streams, at least that's how I took it.

13. Aminiel,

Hello,

The playroom isn't a media player, so yes, please use a media player such as VLC or Winamp if you need more control.

Anyway, seeking is impossible on a stream taken from the Internet.

14. Destranis,

All right. Next time I'd like to stream something, I'm going to tell people to open XY on youtube and it'll be done. What a ridiculous reason to refuse an idea. At the same time, good to see helpers breaking their own rules. :)

15. Fawaz,

You can't stream youtube so ya, you better tell them to open youtube.

16. TheDreamer,

You couldn't pause for example a radio

17. Jatayu,

Can I pause time? Just for a few years or so, not long....

18. TheDreamer,

I want to pause the time to sleep, then resume it and continue sleeping as if nothing happened :D

19. YNWA,

It is possible to pause live radio or go back a few minutes. This facility is available on some DAB radios for a limited time. I have in the past done it when I was late when recording a play. You can also do it on the BBC iPlayer.

With bad internet connections and people joining games/free table The issue here is you may have more than one person wishing to pause/resume a stream at different points.

One of the issues I find from time to time when people stream music in the PR when playing a game is some people slow the game down as they are looking for their next track to play as they have not selected anything in advance. A good solution is to merge a few tracks together so you have just one file to stream.

20. spaceship,

According to what I know, streaming services that allow pausing and playing from that exact same point actually store the video/audio. Look at youtube. You can take the seek slider back, but that is because the video is stored there in youtube as it continues streaming.
When you stream, playroom is not the streaming service provider, it is rather an appplication which plays the audio provided by the service.
So I don't think that it is up to playroom to ensure that this feature is implemented.
I also think that using a media player is more practical.

20 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen