A bug with "quotation marks" inside a topic title when editing it (~LabelSolved~)

2 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. Nikola,

Hello,
there is an interesting bug if the topic title on the forum or permanent message contains something inside quotation marks.

The topic creation works completely fine, however, if you go to the Website and try to edit this topic later, you will see the problem right away.
This topic title contains some quotes on purpose as a test, and in the edit box to change the title, instead of the quotes, you will see """

If you aren't careful, or if you just want to change the topic label from the website and save your edit, this will now edit the topic title and make it broken like this, replacing quotes with ".

It seems like replacing " with quotation marks and just saving the edit is enough to restore the normal, intended topic title.

This bug was observed thanks to an interesting broken recent topic title on the English forum, and I was mostly curious how or why it happened. Well, there's your explanation. I'm not sure if any other symbols are potentially affected, such as single/double quotes, but I guess that would be easier to inspect from your side.

Thanks.

~msgScore~: +2

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

This should now be solved. Thank you for reporting.

~msgScore~: +2

2 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen