what was the most stupid, hilarious or nonsensical question you received as a blind or visually impaired person?

90 Nachrichten, 3 Seiten:  1 23 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +25

61. aayushi,

I also got a question. When I wanted to take admition for mca, I was asked She writes program in braille? that was stupid. I mean how they expected to get an output on a brailler. They didn't knew about screan readers.

~msgScore~: +0

62. sound2,

Most people don't know about screen readers.

63. gatia ,

Well, I think that the screen reader thing is normal, a person who does not use it does not have to know that this exists, just as I did not know what a boomerang was until they explained it to me and for no blind people to do a boomerang is a very common thing

About the money, well I guess they asked out of pity, it has happened to me sometimes too, but I don't usually say anything, just politely reject because I know they do it with good intentions.

One thing I really can't stand is that sometimes I go with my friend to meet new friends of hers, and her friends want to ask me something and get to know me, but it's like they think they're going to offend me with their questions, so they start spamming my friend at WPP, hey, how the hell does he know who you are, hey, how does he use the computer, girl, I'm here, you can ask me, I'm blind, not deaf or dumb

64. Michael-elfuerte,

people had asked me, do you take a shower by yourself?

~msgScore~: +1

65. ubuntu,

yes lol. that question is common here, people asks me, do you bath your self?

66. sound2,

Luckally I don't come across those.

~msgScore~: -1

67. sky360,

the other day, i was relaxing in basketball ground gallery at my college. and had casual conversation with a girl. as we spoke, she asked me if my eyes closed or remained the same while sleeping. i said i don't know because i would be sleeping. rofl.

Zuletzt geändert von sky360, Nov 20 2023 18:00:27

68. aayushi,

ha ha! good answer

69. theSocialIntrovert,

once I came into a room and said hello, I was like 13 or so, and the people in there (also my age) were like "oh! she/it can talk!" not a question, but wtf lol

70. ubuntu,

lol. then you have to say, ohh wow, you can hear!

71. HeavenlyRay,

1 day, I was going home by bus and after getting off the bus, I first waited for the cars to leave and then started to cross the street carefully. After I crossed the street, someone came to me and asked me how I knew there were no cars coming. I said i can hear sounds. and he said he didn't believe it. I was really dying laughing lol

72. sound2,

Here, where I live the cars don't wait for you. So I wouldn't dair take the chance. Good story though.

73. sound2,

Here's one I don't quite understand. People saying you can't be blind because you chat to people, and according to this other person blind people don't chat. And when you try to correct them, you are told, about many scammers out there. Not to say that scammers do such things, but it's hard when you are telling the truth, and that you were born blind and so on, shrugs

74. AlirezaDarkk,

"Can you pray for me / person X who happens to be sick?"
IDK How dumb a person would have to be to ask such a thing, but well this is the world that we've built so I can do nothing about it I guess.

75. vindication,

I was at a house viewing and the guy remarked that he'd never rented a flat to a blind person before. I thought that was a little silly! :D

76. Caoimhe,

The thing Alireza mentioned is actually pretty common, especially in very religious countries. People think you have some power or a third eye and expect you to do miracles just because you're blind. That's so weird and dumb.

77. wesleymartin,

Yeah, the fingers one drives me absolutely insane. And then someone asks me if I know who they are, I mean I don't mind if we haven't met in a while or whatever, but then when I say yes, they're like, "Well, then, who am I?" It's embarrassing and stupid.
Although it's not uncommon for someone to ask me if my computer is talking Spanish, or any other language. I don't really mind that much, I mean, it is talking pretty fast, after all. I've never had the faces thing, but I have had some people tel me to touch someone's shoulder to tell how tall they are, which isn't as disgusting as the face one, I guess, which made me laugh out loud. lol

78. Emerald,

The thing about prayer is not that they think you can do anything but your prayer is more likely to be accepted by God based on the belief that God made you blind as a test and therefore you are beloved Its a belief that ou are more purer than sighted or something. I’m not saying its true, just that whats their logic.

79. sound2,

Interesting about the religious part, I didn't know that it could happened to others as well. Mine has been more the other way round, people want to pray for you or preach to you because you are blind. Like you need saving or something.

80. gatia ,

Well, the religion thing. In Islam there is a hadith that says, to anyone from whom Allah took away his two darlings (the eyes) to be patient.

Now this doesn't mean that we are miraculous beings, at least I'm not xddd.

81. Mohammedradwan2003,

Nothing annoys me than someone telling me to be like Taha Hussein the writer and follow his steps and ask me if I know him or not. Arabs will know what I mean. It is annoying.

82. Kamalakannan,

@vindication Without any surprice it is one more common that joins with how do you use restroom. Recently one of my friends was searching for a rental house in one of the metropolitan cities. Even after search for about a week he was not able to find a house even it is free. Almost all the owners were unanimous in their justification to deny him home. They asked him how will you maintain the house clean? How will you use the electricity? Won't you be electrocuted while trying to charge your mobile or laptop? upon explaining the above questions he got another scenario which I can't even imagine. One of the house owners on his 26th Birthday had asked, lets imagine I gave you house, you are walking on the road and met with an accident. People around you taken you to hospitle. If you say to the police that I am living there currently. The police will come here for an enquiry and ask me why you haven't take care of the tenant by knowing he is blind? This is the only and main reasons for which we all not giving you house.

83. sound2,

That's sad. I mean about the house thing. I haven't heard about this writer. But I can believe it drives you crazy. I have been compared to some angel or an angelic creature a few times, like I'm not human or from this world. Like I'm supernatural, lol, I guess they try and mean well, but it comes out wrong.

84. tranzman77,

the strangest question I think I've ever been asked, is if i'm blind how would I dance with a person if I couldn't locate their body lol. course there was an even stranger discussion after that which caused me to just ignore that person. i'm all for educating someone but some questions are so odd, education isn't possible.

85. ermac,

The strangest thing they asked me was how I knew which part of my body I used

86. Kamalakannan,

So productions, What was your answer to the question you got. I am curious to know how you answered to a such an unusual question.

87. proyecto_winter,

I do speak it :D spanish. wesleymartin: Yeah, the fingers one drives me absolutely insane. And then someone asks me if I know who they are, I...: 24.12.2023 19:23

Zuletzt geändert von proyecto_winter, Feb 15 2024 06:40:31

88. davidhs1200,

Two stupid questions I get asked all the time:
"Do you only see the color black?"
"About; what/how do you dream at night?"

89. Quintin-D,

Those are 2 good questions.

90. proyecto_winter,

I understand you friend. At least first thing more than anything and I always answer. Do you see black when you try to see with your hands? moron.
davidhs1200: Two stupid questions I get asked all the time: "Do you only see the color black?" "About; what/how do...: hace aproximadamente 2 horas

90 Nachrichten, 3 Seiten:  1 23 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen