Braille playing cards

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +1

1. Nice-2-meet-u,

Hello, what braille playing cards do you own? I have been learning about decks other than the standard 52 cards and 4 suits. Is there a way to buy braille playing cards from other countries? I'd love a deck with the suits of bells and acorns! :)

~msgScore~: +0

2. lucy_light,

Hello! I actually have Uno cards and standard, but I don't know if you could get something else.

3. YNWA,

Standard playing cards, and Uno cards already said.

I did see the RNIB started to sell Happy Families after a long break, you have to collect as many families as you can, maybe like Go fish on RS.

The RNIB first sold Uno in the late 1980s and before that and maybe an overlap they had a game called What?

This was a lesser version of Uno, you had shapes, A triangle, circle, square, cross and a star. All shapes were numbered 1 to 14 and the star was numbered 1 to 8 but the value of stars was doubled. The What card was like a wild card in Uno.

Just spotted a new game on the RNIB website, it says it was a card game. Never played it but may be a good candidate for PR.

https://shop.rnib.org.uk/mow-access-braille-game-91561

~msgScore~: -2

Zuletzt geändert von YNWA, Apr 13 2023 10:45:04

4. Arya_Stark,

I have lots of card tipes man, but the cards that I mostly use are the Spanish cards. Although they are written in Braille they are written normally too in the other side so I can play with non visual impaired people too haha

5. YNWA,

The games are designed for both to play. It is also possible to braille your own cards if you get some sighted help to tell you what each card is. I did that for Monopoly too.

Letters B to I plus O for 10 (for cards numbering 2 to 10), J, Q, K and A (for cards representing Jack, Queen, King and Ace) at the top left hand corner and the next line X for Clubs, S for Spades, D for Diamonds and H for hearts plus L for Joker if you want to. Turn the cards upside down and do it again as it would be on a sighted pack, the advantage is you don't have to turn your card around when reading it.

Zuletzt geändert von YNWA, Apr 25 2023 21:40:35

5 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen