A problem about internet browsing and JAWS

13 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. Exink,

Hello,

While I was at school, a teacher attended to me for helping him with the computer of other guy. What is the problem? That's simple: when he opens any Internet
browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome) the content was practically impossible to read, since JAWS said all the time: blank, blank,
blank... With hardly allow me to scroll in the whole page. JAWS was unable to detect any object, button, Internet link, etc.

It is to be noted that I had exactly the previous problem, but I fixed it installing a more updated version of JAWS. He had JAWS 14 running at a notebook
in Windows7 (It is a pity that i don't know its version) as architecture 32 bits.

I would like to know if somebody has solved the bug mentioned above or if he/she has some solution about it.

Thanks in advance!S.Y: Playroom User.

Zuletzt geändert von Exink, Jul 30 2015 23:37:07

2. afrim,

Hello,
I come across this problem frequently, at least in these recent days. What I do is restart the jaws by unloading and loading it again and the problem goes away. But it is not 100% granted that it might not happen again. Whenever it happens, unload and load jaws again.
Hope it helps.

3. Exink,

This either didn't work, because we even tried to restart the machine and the result was the same. Maybe there is a problem with JAWS itself, or its video intercept controller, or no idea, really;).

4. LaraStardust,

Could it be simply that the page isnt fully loaded?
This might sound silly but sometimes I get it with nvda where it refuses to read until the page is 100 percent loaded

5. Exink,

No, I reloaded the page with enter, and presed enter in the address bar, and nothing.

6. afrim,

Uninstall and reinstall jaws again and make sure you install jaws when being connected to a network. Sometimes doing this might help.

7. Exink,

Are you sure? That's what I did when I instelled it by first time, but maybe I need to reinstall it. What do you think if I add JAWS 16 instead of JAWS 14? Could it be helpful?

8. afrim,

Jaws 16 is definitely one of the best versions, so install it. It'll help

9. BhavyaShah ,

Does this issue persists with only particular webpages or with any webpage at any time without a warning?
If with specific websites, please provide us the URLs of those pages so we ourselves can test.
Could you also check if this 'blank blank blank' issue exists with other screen readers on the same system, NVDA, Window Eyes, System Access, Cobra, or even Narrator is usable. This would allow us to narrow the scope of the issue from a screen reader JAWS issue or an unrelated system issue.
Also, could you ask a sighted person to tell you if anything on is actually visible or loaded on the webpage or is there no content in actuality?
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

10. Exink,

I can't give you more information or do some things anymore, since I don't have the computer on my hands. I haven't tried using other screen readers, just JAWS, The page where the message appeared simply was the homepage google, in all the browsers. I'll try using NVDA the next time, because he and specially I don't want to fill the computer with useless screen readers or other stuff. At any case, thanks for your reply.

11. afrim,

I still find jaws better and I'm not willing to change to NVDA. Just uninstall and reinstall jaws again and everything will work fine. All screen readers may encounter issues

12. BhavyaShah ,

Dear Afrin,
Well, it all conclusively comes to a matter of preference.
But, if anyone has any questions or requires assistance in switching from JAWS to NVDA feel free to contact me, I am an avid follower of the NVDA screen reader project and am a full-time intermediate user of NVDA, and may be able to assist you in any difficulties you may encounter in your transition.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

13. afrim,

Many thanks Bhavya Shah, I may try to help everyone as much as I can as well, although I'm a full-time jaws user.

13 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können