Android

25 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +10

1. Arceus,

Hello everyone. I create this topic to talk about Android. Phones, apps, accessibility, and much more!

~msgScore~: +0

2. Radiant,

well? talk then.

3. AlirezaDarkk,

Agreed with 2, I would like to add that talking about android can be good. I like Xiaomi phones.

4. mohitarya,

I don't know the name . , but that xiomi phone is very good which gets from 0 to 100 in just 10 mins.

5. aayushi,

moto g62 is good. it has duel speaker which is good for us for lissing and it has support of not only talkback but proodence screan reader. it's batory life is 6 to 8 hours then you need to charge.

6. girmit,

only 8 hrs of battery backup? worst phone.

7. sky360,

moto phones seem attractive at 1st, I mean they give great hardware for the price we pay. but once you start using you slowly start noticing the lack of even basic features like the compus, nfc etc. also sometimes, the screen begins to operate by itself. not to mention the lack of software updates. although I've been using a moto phone sinse passed 3 years, my next phone will definetly not be a Motorola. I've not seen any issue with the battery so far, mine lasts 1 and half day with moderate usage although I think for a heavy camera user, it will last for one day.

8. gemmi,

I think Samsung is good then. idk haven't used other phones so far, but I've heard that Samsung asures good software and timely updates. battery is also nice. also, I myself have also experienced that.

9. Mohammedradwan2003,

Samsung and google are technically best android devices to be had.

10. gemmi,

of course, if google fix some common flaws with its pixal devices. like heating issue, etc. and they seriously need to work on their budget thing

11. Gingerbread,

what do you think about Nokia Android Phones? I have a Samsung and don't like it. It was prety good until they introduced OneUI and now I feel that these phones are overbloated compared with other Android Phones. I'm considering that my next phone might be Nokia or Motorola, cause Google's Pixel is quite expensive.

12. aayushi,

is the jeminai ai available in all android phones?

13. sky360,

@gingerbread Nokia phones are slow, software updates are also not good. my friend (Nokia user) got android 11 update when most phones were already using android 13. recently there was news that the company that owns the brand Nokia (a finish company HMD) is making arangements to launch phones under its own brand (HMD). so looking forward to that. I hope they will launch good phones with modern processers at a competitive price. also what about nothing phones? anyone who has experienced those?

14. gemmi,

well, about Samsung phones, now they aren't that much overloaded with bloatwares. you can either check out new phones such as galaxy f15 5g or you can uninstall many of them if you have android 13 or 14. that's what I heard.

15. abhishek,

Samsung throw adds in mid range phones, even we paid 20 25 k INR

~msgScore~: +1

16. phoenix009,

I am personally using a Galaxy S22 and boy do I love it. It's sleek, both in design and the software, and the camera module is a personal favorite, even better than the later Galaxy S phones with their separate camera rings. Also, I love just how good the in-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is. It has recognized my fingerprint without fail almost every single time, even when my fingers are sopping wet or greasy.
My only gripe with the device is the battery life. Under normal use, it just about gets me to the end of the day with around 10% left in the tank. However, I can take large chunks out of it quickly if I'm using the camera to shoot a video, or navigating, or tracking a delivery with the screen on for others to see, or even playing a game. It's pretty inconsistent TBH.
I'll probably keep the device for another year at least, given the 4 years of promised major android updates from Samsung.

17. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Is Nokia still alive even?

18. Emerald,

What phone do you recommend that has a home button. I dread the day i got to upgrade and not face the home button on iOS devices.
Is android accessibility different from IOS?

19. Nikola,

Off topic, but just responding to the last post:
I understand the hesitance about the lack of a home button, but you will get used to this in a few days and won't even realize you miss it anymore.

Apple made a really good system that works well with VoiceOver, i.e. swipe up from the bottom of the screen and you will feel a short vibration and hear a sound. If you lift the finger, you will go to the home screen. If you don't but instead swipe up further until you feel a longer vibration and hear a higher sound, and then lift the finger, you will open the app switcher.
The same gestures work when swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, but in this case you will open the control center or the notifications center.

In the absolute worst case where you cannot get used to these controls at all, you can assign a VoiceOver touch gesture to act as a home button or open the app switcher. I'm pretty sure you would get used to it quite quickly though. On my first day when I upgraded I also felt that this is much less efficient and wasn't a fan, but already a few days later I was able to perform the gesture with more or less the same speed and precision as pressing the home button.

Good luck whenever you upgrade.
Android is also quite a decent option, especially with its recent advancements, and maybe next year when I upgrade my phone it could be a good time to return to Android as my primary OS.
I left it in 2018 because I was quite unhappy with the direction of Talkback, but now things have changed. There is a braille keyboard, there are multi touch gestures, in short, things people wanted for years are finally here.

~msgScore~: +2

20. Emerald,

I wanted to try out android but don’t want to risk getting a phone if i diddn’t manage to get the hang of talkback/diddn’t like it. Heard it’s better now compaired to when i had tried in 2015 on someone’s phone.
I cannot deal with the gistures on the new Apple iOS but may see how the personalised thing works.
Thank you . I was just wondering if android still makes phones with home buttons or is it in the same direction?

21. gemmi,

no, I don't think so, none of the brands now make phones with home button. last phone I saw was galaxy j2/j5 back in 2016.

22. Emerald,

So how does android replace the home button.

I have stimulation overload with the different vibrations

23. gemmi,

Hi there,
I've noticed that in most Android phones, you can simply touch the extreme center at the bottom of your screen, and it will directly take you to the home screen. This is considered a touch gesture rather than a physical button. Additionally, there's a TalkBack gesture that allows you to navigate home, go back, and access recent apps by using specific touch commands.
Furthermore, you have the option to assign and customize gestures according to your preferences and needs.

24. sky360,

@emerald on most android phones, its a two finger swipe up from the extreme bottem of the screen. if you swipe up and hold your fingers on the screen, it takes you to recent apps. you can go to settings > gestures and set system navigation to 3 button navigation, and you will get buttons back, home and recent apps at the bottem of the screen. I prefer the gesture mode but responsiveness is pretty bad specially on mid range phones. like nothing happens if you swipe up with two fingers sometimes, and you have to swipe again.

25. Emerald,

Thanks all. Really unsure of what to do after my iPhone gets discontinued but I’ll consider android only because it seems easier to go from the extreme m button.

Oh well. We’ll see.

25 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen