adding sports games to playroom

14 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +3

1. aayushi,

Hi all, I was thinking weather we can add sports game hear. like football, crecate or simple sport game like shooting 10 pin with a ball. it would be fun and a new variety to the playroom.

~msgScore~: +1

2. hoanganh2013,

ya i think so to

~msgScore~: -1

3. YNWA,

We have just had a sports game in the PR and that is golf. You don't have to know about golf to play this game and that will be the same if there are any other sports related games to come to the PR. Maybe one day Duck racing will become a sport.

~msgScore~: -2

4. Quintin-D,

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how is the golf card game related to the golf sport? I have played several rounds of golf and have not noticed any similarities with the sport.

5. YNWA,

Golf (also known as Polish Polka, Polish Poker, Turtle, Hara Kiri and Crazy Nines
[1])
is a
card game
invented by Elias Clark of Brighton, England. Where players try to earn the lowest number of points (as in
golf,
the sport) over the course of nine deals (or "holes").

6. aayushi,

What I think that they are similar bu the golf sports game is different from the card ame golf. Its my opinion on this topic.

~msgScore~: +0

Zuletzt geändert von aayushi, Mar 25 2024 11:58:14

7. ProudLiverpoolFan,

Hello. I do agree that sports games, if possible, should be added to the playroom. If it is not possible or has many obstacles then I do understand, however I do believe it would add an extra layer of enjoyment to the playroom for those of us wishing to play online accessible sports games. As for golf, I understand the point, but it is not related to the sport itself, so I would not really consider it a 'sport' game. This is just my opinion, and people are absolutely entitled to agree or disagree.

~msgScore~: +0

8. YNWA,

Golf is a kind of sports game and so is 1,000miles but it would not be like playing golf or a Formula One race. They are sports themed games that allow people that are not interested in sports still to play. Personally football manager would be great but I can't see that happening plus you would need players change from time to time. I did play a couple of versions of football manager with sighted help. I did once sell all my players lol and even manage a draw.

9. Naday,

Not to offend @YNWA, but have you even tried Golf on the playroom? I don't even see it on your stats, so not sure if you know what you're talking about at the first place.

10. YNWA,

I stand by everything I have said.

11. Naday,

I asked something else, dear. You better argument your replies better next time or at least be sure to make sense.

12. Quintin-D,

These points that you made don't really build a strong association to the golf sport. 1000 miles makes allot more sense because the cards and game mechanics resemble a race. However, golf almost has nothing to do with the sport in my opinion other than the name and the number of rounds played (which doesn't even apply on the playroom because it's score based here). Maybe if you had mentioned something about the clubs cards and how they exist in the deck, it would have made a little bit more sense than it does now. Granted, they are also present in other card games, but well, you do use golf clubs when playing the sport. I know it may not make much sense but I'm trying to match my reasoning with yours. Out of respect for , I will not say anymore to avoid changing the main subject and objective of this topic.

~msgScore~: +2

13. Aminiel,

Hello,

To make it clear, the game golf on the playroom has nothing to do at all with the sport.
1000 miles isn't a sport game either. It only has car race as a background theme, and carricaturize some things that can happen when racing, but no much more than that.

For the initial question: I'm not following sport very much in general, I'm not very interested in the topic.
I'm not very aware of rules and mechanics, neither as a player, nor as a manager point of view. So I'm quite unable to make a game that looks more or less realistic, and sport games have to be realistic enough in order to be fun, that's their purpose (otherwise it isn't so much sport games)

Given that I'm developing the playroom free of charge in my spare time, basically, I have the freedom to choose what I want to do, what I'm interested in, and you have nothing to say.
Of course it isn't so closed in reality. Many of you have already made very interesting suggestions that have finally been done over the years, infinite thank you so much for that, but you still get the point: it's quite improbable that I decide to make a real sport game, unless you are strong enough to convince me and make me be really interested in doing that.
It would be radically different if I was paid to do so.

In other words, come on with concrete ideas, not just "please make a sport game", and maybe I will pick them up if I find them interesting.
Don't expect anything, but maybe one day you will have a good surprise.

However, don't be disappointed. I hope to open the arcade mode to more developers in the future. Maybe a good surprise could also come from that side.

14. aayushi,

I have got a sports game you will like Super football the demo is on audiogames.net. this is their description. To switch betwene the various players, you use the numbers 1-0 for the ten footballers, and enter for the goal keeper.
When a ball is kicked, the computer voice will say which footballer it's being kicked to. If it's one of the My globe team therefore, you need to press the appropriate key to gain control of that player and prepare to recieve the ball, ---- or defend your goal.
The controls for each footballer are essentially the same, left and right arrows to change direction (though you always start off facing forward), space to kick the ball, up arrow and space for a long pass, and left or right control to punch the ball, with right control corrisponding to the left direction, (though of course, accept for a throw in, nobody except the goaly should be punching the ball).
When a ball is passed, and you switch to the footballer who's recieving it, you'll hear the ball sound coming from left or right, and must kick or punch the ball when it's in the center of the sterrio field, failing to do this will either lose the ball, or gain the evil Interclub team an extra goal!
When switching to the appropriate player, you'll also hear another team member from the left, right or ahead urging you to pass the ball to them. So, either turn left or right with the arrows and hit space when the ball is centered, or press up arrow and space to edge the ball around the opposition, or for the goaly, press the correct control key (right acting as left), or up arrow and space, ---- sinse missing the pass will not make your loyal fans too happy
Of course, for players 8, 9, and 10, the only place they need to pass the ball is into Interclub's gaping goal net. For players 8 and 10 this can be done with a long shot left or right, while for your star striker player 9, it just requires kicking the ball streight forward (spacebar on it's own, no up arrow). Also remember that your center forwards, footballers 6 and 7 can also take long shots at the goal too.
Should the awful Interclub gang get their nasty little boots on your ball, you can try to intercept before they get it as far as your goal keeper. To intercept, just select the player closest to the opposition member who's recieving the ball, 1 for 7, 2 for 6, 3 for 5, and so on, and press space bar. Be warned though that attempting to intercept the ball with the wrong player is counted as a fowl by the ref, who'll instantly award a penalty to the other side. I have search long and got this game that is both interesting that everyone may enjoy

14 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen