the killer

46 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten:  1 2 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +1

1. the.wind,

Hi, I know the topic is a little weird, but can anyone tell me where I can find the killer game? recently the server where the game was hosted is offline, and I don't know why ... I guess there's a new update to the game, and the developers have changed the server ... thanks!

~msgScore~: +0

2. Mohammedradwan2003,

hi friend
first, this game and all its servers are clones
there for nothing is official regarding tk
secondly: this is not the proper forum to ask this question, in future such questions go to team room

3. the.wind,

ok, I may not have a place and all the servers are clones, but still, everything that people can play tk, so everything is maintained somewhere.

4. Jatayu,

In short, you don't care about people lifting assets off of other people's hard work illegally, you simply wish to obtain and play such games. Noted.

Zuletzt geändert von Jatayu, Feb 2 2022 13:29:49

5. the.wind,

hey who said i don't care? I understand that the game is still being developed, and not official, but it is somewhere ... but if I can do something for the people who develop the game, well, I will help as much as I can ... I just asked if anyone has a link to the game, even if it's a clone

6. Mohammedradwan2003,

i don't think that ivan cares to redevelop it

7. Aeon ,

As far as I remember, Ivan no longer owns the source code of The Killer, so this game's development has stopped.

Despite knowing that it's a clone, you are still asking for the link?

Do something for the people who develop the game, you say? Do something for people who just steal the assets which utilised time of the original creators and earn money? That doesn't seems right. If you want to support them financially, you can donate to other FPSes like Swamp and etc. I now feel that the rules should be updated, allowing no discussion of unauthorised forks.

8. the.wind,

well above, I know one of the developers of the game, Louis ... I think he is still developing the game ... and by the way you have no idea that if I have the opportunity, I will always financially support the developers of
tk

9. Nikola,

Hello,
ok you may not be aware of what is going on, so I'll briefly explain.

TK was originally developed by Ivan. However, the source code of the game leaked. I won't go into detail through who's fault that happened, but needless to say, over the past couple of years the code of the game was so wide spread that there are so many private versions of the game, private servers and even people naming the game differently, making a few changes and calling it their own.
These types of games are commonly referred to as TK clones, or unauthorised forks, because the original code was forked without permission from its creator.

Needless to say, you won't receive a link to any of these versions on any serious forum that supports developers, because it is just stealing from an author and even worse, trying to gain profit. I highly discourage anyone from playing / supporting, or much worse donating to these people.
I understand that there is currently a lack of FPS games in our community and that people want to play something, but by supporting them, you are indirectly discouraging other developers from creating anything.
Moreover, these people often have very limited programming knowledge, and are thus unlikely to fix any flaws of the game / make it better in any meaningful way other than by adding hundreds of unbalanced weapons.

I advise moving on from this pretty much abandoned project.

10. the.wind,

Okay, I understand that the game is a clone, but as he said, there really is a great lack of fps games ... people don't care anymore if something is official or not ... they don't create fps developers anyway nothing, so they are discouraged and without people doing it

11. Rashed20 ,

Hello their!
Actually, I played this game.
But, suddently i faced this account does not exist.
I can not login my account any how.
Though I changed my password.
But still I can not login.
If anybody can help me.
So please show your kindness.
My account name is Bravo.
Thanks an advance.

12. Mohammedradwan2003,

i wish mason had made a version of ultrapower so that clones stop and people play happily without this mess.

13. Mrityunjay,

wow. ok. I would request mods to close this topic.

14. the.wind,

hello When you enter the game, is the server online? because it says to me that the server is offline

15. StormProductions,

Wow. Looks like this topic became a beautiful mess. Let's bring on the popcorn!

Zuletzt geändert von StormProductions, Feb 4 2022 17:31:17

16. Arya_Stark,

you're right, storm... I'm completely agree hahahaha. By the way, I just thought these things were happening only in my comunity but I see they happen here too hahaah. I really got sick about clones and clones and clones. They are blocking our advance in the audio games creation. They're a barrier really, and some people doesn't see how is being our audio games market, destroyed, ruined, by those clones, and just continue playing and playing. I'm almost sure that this clone will be taken down, as the other ones. I just can play the ones which really change. And it's really really hard. Tell me, is this clone, tk clone, changing by some way?

17. Mohammedradwan2003,

i agree.

18. the.wind,

of course it's changing ...
if you know Luis Perez, although I doubt it deeply, but well ... it may be a clone, but admit to him that he is developing it very well ... are you sure these clones will be taken down? Well, you don't encourage us to play your games ... you developers don't make fps games ... for example, Ivan doesn't care about fixing the game, but people want to play it ... and what do you expect? there is no game, people give up the game, and do not make clones, and if there is, download them? Well, that's not how it works ... people, including me, want to play it ... so if I can find a working version of the game, I'll play it

19. Nikola,

Hello,
Ivan or anyone serious doesn't work on the game mostly because it is created in BGT.
BGT is no longer supported by its developers, it will not receive updates and it can't even be downloaded from its official source, so unless it is a large project like Crazy party that is receiving frequent updates, it makes no sense to work on a BGT game anymore.

It is irrelevant whether a clone receives 5 or 50 new features, whether it is updated daily or monthly or how many people play it, because it shouldn't exist in the first place. If someone actually wants to make a game, do it from scratsch, or if you are going to use someone else's code, make sure it has been made freely available for use by its author.

Finally, I very much believe any further discussion of this matter is pointless. You have already been told that a link of this type won't be shared on this or any other forum that is somewhat serious about encouraging developers.
What you do off the forum and privately is noone's business, if you choose to disregard that you are playing stolen code that's your choice.
In the end it's just like cracked / illegal software, noone can prevent you to use it, but the rules of a platform certainly can prevent you to spread it around.

20. Aeon ,

Even if clones are updated with 5 or 50 features, half of them are pointless. Consider the simple example of CB (Constant Battle) they update the version by saying "XYZ weapon was added", and they call it as a major update. The concept of The Killer was interesting when it came out, but it no longer is due to source code issues.

Even I supported clones for half of 2019 or so, but this was only due to English acting as a barrier. However after I joined audiogames.net community and read through all the dramas, I realised that I was doing wrong, and I started discouraging people from playing these games. If you people continue to support these developers having not much coding skills, they'll earn, and they will keep introducing pointless updates with pointless features. Not only that, developers having potential to develop good games, will not be developing any FPS because their confidence and trust will go down. By trust I mean you, as players, will only provide with negative feedback, and not positive criticisms. It is clearly visible now, but there is still time to put a period to these activities.

@Rashed20: Some people are showing their kindness by discouraging you to play such clones, so that you can play better, original, good sound quality games in future.

@Nikola: haha I can already imagine Microsoft updating Windows and we reading the news that "Windows-12 will not be supporting BGT". Well if that happens, we will not be able to play good audiogames like Manamon, but it will also put an end to cloning. Even if some of the people use Linux and play these clones, majority doesn't. That will prevent them from gaining popularity.

Well I am out of here.

21. Nikola,

Oh it's extremely unlikely that you won't be able to run BGT games anytime soon, unless Microsoft drops support for 32 bit apps at some point. It's possible, but it's only speculation at this point. I'm saying this purely because you can still run many games written in 2000s / 2004 by installing certain dependencies.

We'll just have to wait and see.

22. Aeon ,

Yes I know, I was just imagining the situation, basically a sarcasm

23. the.wind,

well, you don't want clones, at least that's clear ... well, I understand you want more people to play games that aren't clones, but I'd say that's almost impossible ... yes, really, tk is interesting, but alas, I will have to switch to another fps game

24. Arya_Stark,

and I think it's almost impossible because the good developers have no motivation to continue developing their great great games. Because everyone just play clones, and clones, and more clones. If we wouldn't give the clones developer our playing time to their clones, they'd maybe stop. I don't know, do whatever you want, I'll not assure it'll be taken down, but I said that was one of my reasons to don't play any clones. And I accept, I play constant battle. But it has really changed. If it changes, yeah, it'll continue being a clone. But a changed clone, a clone that was changed by the developer's time, by his own capacity. But... Eh, continue so, and we'll see which will be the available games 15 or 10 years later. I am really afraid with the posibility that all of our games could be the same ones. And I hope that never happens. But for that to be avoided we'll really need people which could help the audio game's world to progress, to advance. And in this situation, I think it'll be very difficult. Having said this, I end the post. Really sorry for having posted a long message, but it was necessary to clarify some things here.
¡Greettings!

25. StormProductions,

1. Constant Battle is no longer a clone. I worked as a translator there, and I know some things behind the scenes. Yes, it was a clone, but it no longer is as the code has been rewriten.
  2. Let's say that people liked TK and how it worked. Now the official versions are discontinued, but people still want to play it. You're saying that people that like a certain game should simply give up on it because it's a clone? Same goes for redspot. People liked the game, Sam has stopped it even before the source code got leaked, with no propper explanation. Now he's expecting people to not play clones. Yes, I don't agree with paying to the developers of clones, or developing a clone yourself, but as soon as you find something interesting into that game, you're gonna play it, regardless of its status. Yes, you won't share it if it's not allowed, but considering the original developer left it, I see nothing wrong in just spending some time in it, of course without buying anything as that would be indeed pointless.
  3. I know I'll be criticized after this post, but that's how I see it. You left developing that certain game, without thinking that people still love it and want it back. You do nothing to bring it back, thus you expect people not to clone it. That's not how things work. And no, the excuse where devs don't continue building the original game due to bgt, is indeed not worth it, as that certain developer, if he really wanted to bring it back and would have the needed motivation, would rewrite it in a popular programming language such as Python. But devs do nothing to get the game back, thus are expecting people to do what, just forget about the game and move on, regardless if they liked the game or not?

Zuletzt geändert von StormProductions, Feb 6 2022 17:15:12

26. Nikola,

It's really simple. A developer is making a game for you. It is his absolute right to stop developing the game, shut it down or discontinue it whenever he chooses.
That does not make stealing the code and marketing the game as your own right. It is only his game.
You can complain, dislike the fact that he stopped working on it all you want, but noone is obliged to work on a game and keep it up so you can play.
I guess you wouldn't mind if other people suddenly got access to your games, websites and other projects and started calling them their own, not to mention making money off of them.

27. StormProductions,

At least I would share the code of my projects when shutting them down, so people that enjoyed the products can still continue hosting and using them...

28. Fawaz,

that is a personal choice.
what if I own a mansion and everyone likes to come and party there; however, I decided that I don't want to live there anymore but still would like to own it.. Am I still obliged to keep it open for others to enjoy the place because they enjoy it so much? although I can do that, it is my place, and also I can shut it down.
the point is that the code is developer's property, he has the right to do whatever he wants with it as he likes.

29. Arya_Stark,

So, if I decide to start developing a game, and then, I leave it, should I share the code? I don't know. It's really really bad that games get discontinued, but that doesn't mean that you should find its code and use what another person made by his own time, as you want, as the new developer, and make it to see as your game, even at some cases, addingvirtual stores. That's not right. Would you like to spend hours and hours and more hours per day developing a game, a nice game which brins so many players, you leave it, and, would you like that another person hosts it and has the developer's flag? that uses his own logo on your game, saying that it's his one? no, that's not his game, that's your game, and no one can denny such a thing like that one. So the situation is, people gets confortable hosting clones and naming them as their own games, without developing anything by their own times. As I said before, audio game's market is being ruined, and unfortunately this doesn't stop. This just advances. more and more,. Heach second is one tile, more and more, far away of the true audio game's market, the clear audio game's market. But no worries, do whatever you want. I'll not attack, insult, or do anything bad against you just because you like to play clones, that's a reality.
Now, greettings, and see you later

30. Ethan_MJD,

hello!
I was told that the pyteur site (blindzone.eu) has the code and that heavan gave it to him and that it was he who advised him to take it back. Of course, I don't know if that's true.

46 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten:  1 2 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen