Want to create a sound pack for PlayRoom

9 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +1

1. Aiden,

Hello! Can somebody list the entire sound name list for me? The dat file is password locked. I want to create a soundpack, therefore I need the whole sound name list to know how to rename.

2. Jatayu,

If it is password locked, how do you plan on encrypting it once more in order for playroom to recognise them?

~msgScore~: +0

Zuletzt geändert von Jatayu, Aug 1 2022 21:20:43

3. StormProductions,

From what I tested, playroom recognizes unencrypted files too. So that's not an issue.

4. Aiden,

That is right! If only we could have the filenames for all the files?

5. augma ,

WHY DONT YOU OPEN FILES IN READ ONLY BY GOING TO THE PROPERTIES
OR YOU CAN WEAD AND WRITE PERMETIONS TOO

6. aakash,

I know how to do it in bgt, but this playroom is coded in python I think.
if you want, you can try the pack extracter of bgt.

7. Jatayu,

Playroom is not python. Also I don't think this encryption method is language specific.

8. ibraheemmohsen,

what is the programming language that playroom programmed with?
I think python and wx , because I saw files in the playroom directory that makes me think of that.

9. Nikola,

Hello,
if the sounds are encrypted, it was done for a good reason. The developer doesn't do things because he is bored and has nothing to do, or because he wants to make your life harder.

When the V3 was released, I also didn't understand why such a harsh restriction since the Playroom was always open regarding these possibilities, but after a few new updates and new features, I quickly Understood why that's so. Unless you really have a good and specific need to do so, I really do not advise messing with the sounds. Changing certain sounds can completely ruin your experience and cause strange and unpredictable bugs, since there are features now that depend on a sound finishing in exactly the right moment. For now, I can think of only one game that does this, but who knows what will happen in the future, and if you have already changed your sounds, when an update is released, you may experience strange problems and have no idea why something isn't working right, when it works perfectly fine for others.

PS: it's C plus plus for the Windows client, using WX widgets as the GUI library.

~msgScore~: +3

Zuletzt geändert von Nikola, Aug 24 2022 17:45:53

9 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten:  1 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können

Passwort vergessen? Benutzerkonto erstellen