draw results of 2020 summer duck Racing tournament

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Qais,

Hi everyone,
We would like to take the time to thank all of you again for your great support. We have got a total of 52 registrations.
However, this time we have decided to stick to our original format to avoid the mess that might happen if we get many absent players. This means that we are taking only the first 32 players to register, and the rest will be put on the waiting list.
For the players on the waiting list, thank you for taking the time to register, please be there on time because we expect absence, so you still have a chance to take part.
any player who does not show up on time will be replaced by players from the waiting list. The privilege will be for the players who registered early and who are present on time at the day of the tournament.
Each group will be assigned a leader who will: a) ensure the games are running according to the rules, and B) delivers the final results to the organizers.
on the first day (Saturday), 2 stages will be hosted. which means if you qualified to the next round, you'll be playing 6 matches in total.
prior to the tournament by 30 minutes, there will be a public free table if you like to join, or you can contact one of the organizers via private messages.
as stated previously, the tournament will be held Saturday and Sunday September 19th and 20th respectively at 2:00PM UTC.
to check the rules and prizes, please check the following topic:
https://qcsalon.net/en/forum1000000/topic66079
Without further ado, The random draw followed by the waiting list are:
Group 1 (Leader: Rincewind)
1mohamed7
2Aiden
3Rincewind
4mahmoud
Group 2 (Leader: marina7)
1StormProductions
2Qais
3Hronosvod
4marina7
Group 3 (Leader: fawaz)
1Riad
2MuhammadHajjar
3fawaz
4Kristen_Star
Group 4 (Leader: Nikola)
1augma
2DarkAlireza
3Adventure-Time
4Nikola
Group 5 (Leader: mogosog)
1lussy
2cork
3mogosog
4alee
Group 6 (Leader: MagicalKrrish)
1MagicalKrrish
2dalibor
3Cristina
4midomidomido
Group 7 (Leader: ACM1)
1MohamedOmar
2sound_box
3ACM1
4titan_of_candy
Group 8 (Leader: abdulla-dubais)
1abdulla-dubais
2Sajad-Aliraqi
3GeneralHux
4moataz
and The waiting list in order is as follows:
Meshal, Ahmed69, fire-starter, Koo_loo_cheh, Lemonade, pool, palitroque65, RedHawk, candyqueen, ChrisCornell, Jellygirl, harsha, MagentaUnicorn, luchi, captain, cherry-blossom, Arpan, YogeshChhabra, unolover.
looking forward to seeing you all at the tournament,
best wishes!

2. moataz,

good luck to all

Last edited by moataz, Sep 16 2020 23:25:14

3. YNWA,

You have rather a large standby list. It was not made clear at any point on the forum that people would be on standby if they signed up but of course you may have done that when they registered. I think you could have 5 players for all games in the first round making it up to 40 and keeping the rest of the format as it is. In our last tournament we had 14 players not turn up so I understand you keeping a large standby list but if you are one of those near the bottom you are less likely to turn up. I think of having 12 in reserve would be fine as previously stated. I don't think having an extra player for the first round wouldn't change much and if 20 dropped out you would be at 32 which was your original target.

Unfortunately for me this is held during the football season. I wish you all the best of luck and watch out for some snake questions I added recently lol.

4. Fawaz,

Hi,
we cannot change the format now anyway, but we mentioned in the orginal topic that our aim is 32 players also you'll see this:
"Replacement by one of the waiting list's participants will be applied upon absence or delay, so make sure to show up on time, "
so yeah it was mentioned, without a stand by list the player can't be replaced anyway.
+ it is a very basic thing to conclude it is standard to have waiting list in playroom and crazy party tournaments.
Me and krish have done plenty of different formats before on uno tournaments, as well with this team we have done minigames tournament we included 64 players (80 registered).
however for this time we'll stick to 32, hopefully in the future tournaments depending on the amount we'll may try various formats.
looking forward to seeing these question too! hopefully questions make me rich ahaha!
good luck!

5. phoenix009,

Hi.

My name is neither on the waiting list nor in a group. Please check this.

6. miso,

good luck

7. Marina,

This has been announced before, not sure why you even bothered to put your name at first place.

nevertheless, after the first match the player phoenix009 (Pran) informed us that he is withdrawing from the tournament, leaving his group (group 2) with only 3 players.
later when we were calculating the results, we found out that the 3 players of group 2 got five points each, thus making it impossible to qualify only 2 out of 3.
As a result, we had to ask group 2 to come an hour earlier in the second day in order to break the tie by playing a match with a player who wouldn’t qualify, preferably Pran to not repeat a previously played match. Pran confirmed to us through email that he will be there to break the tie and play other 2 matches of his.
however, he indeed showed up on time but refused to play leaving us in a tough situation, in which we had to find a replacement in his same level which was hard given that he did not even inform us that he would not play except when he refused to play the match we asked him to start with at the decided time.
due to these events, the organizers have decided that Pran (phoenix009) will be disqualified from any future tournament we may hold.

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post