2020 SCOPA TOURNAMENT DRAW

24 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. YNWA,

Miralina and I are delighted to announce that we are hosting our first Scopa tournament but this one comes with a twist. This is an individual Escoba tournament with 16 players who will play 8 individual games in the first round with the winner going through to the next knockout round. When there are 4 players left in the semi-final stages everybody will play individual Scopone escoba matches to decide the 2020 Scopa champion.

GAME SELECTION

Escoba (R1, Quarter-finals),
Scopone escoba (Semi-finals and Final).
There will be no Aminiel selection of tricks.
We will use the 2 points ahead rule for each round.
The minimum score limits for victory are as follows: R1 (20 pts), Quarter finals (25 pts), Semi-finals (25 pts) and Final (30 pts). Please note that all rounds will be concluded even if a player reaches the suggested score to win.

The tournament will start on Saturday 14 November 2020, 15:00 GMT, so please arrive a little earlier so we can start on time. It is possible that the semi and final will take place at the same time on Sunday if the games take longer than expected, so please be aware of that when you sign up. Please note we will select players to host tables to ensure the tournament will run smoothly.

If you are unsure of the time for your country then go to the following link:

https://time.is/1500_14_Nov_2020_in_UTC?Scopa_Tournament

RULES

1. If any player is unable to make the tournament for any reason could you please notify Miralina or YNWA so we can give your place to another player on the standby list.

2. Please limit talking during rounds as we don't want to remove people from the table and make sure when writing a PM to use the @ sign at the start of your message, as your message will go out to the table without it.

3. Anybody abusing the playroom rules or become disruptive during the tournament could be disqualified if they are still in the competition, or could be banned from the table. They Could be excluded from any future tournament we host!

4. The Host's ruling is final on all scenarios that are not covered in these rules.

If anybody has any further questions regarding the tournament then please don't hesitate to ask one of the organisers who will do their best to assist you as best as they can.

We wish you the best of luck in the tournament and hope it is a really enjoyable one for you all!

Some may have noticed it says there will be no Aminiel selection of tricks, instead of no manual selection of tricks. It is to see who really reads this article properly and who just signs up not knowing what they are asked to do!

Miralina and YNWA

Last edited by YNWA, Oct 28 2020 22:37:11

2. Ryan_K ,

I'm in

3. andkuk,

coun't me

4. Mister_Anderson,

I'm interested to participate.

5. Mohammedddd,

coun't me

6. Anah ,

Hello. I'm in!

7. OrsoNero,

Ok I read the rules and I would like to subscribe

8. Cristina ,

Ok, let's do this since I cannot go saturday to the church in this period due to the cases of covid which increase day by day in Romania.
Count me in please, thanks! go

9. Emrah20,

I would like to join It, but in which time It'll be? In central Europe time, or what?

10. unolover,

may i joyn i love skopa

11. YNWA,

there is a link for times but central europe such as france or Germany would be 16:00. We have accepted the rest of those who have signed up. Unolover it would be unfair to give you a place after your previous ghost showing. If you read the rules you will see you should notify us if you are unable to make the tournament for any reason...

12. tonegotthetouch97,

I am interested as well

13. blaise97,

hi,
pleaze count me in.
thanks!
Blaise

14. Adventure-Time,

I will definitely be happy to attend! Please write me down as well. Thanks.

15. miso,

coun't me

16. CatOfTheCanals ,

Hey, count me in please

17. candyqueen,

Hey, please count me in. I cannot figure out how to register.

18. YNWA,

Just say you want to play. We want people who know the game and will turn up for the tournament. That is the two requirements. You have just said that in your post so I have added you to the list. 2 have said they are interested but have said nothing more so I have not added them to the list yet. Still room and time to take more people. Lockdown is boring but tournaments are fun so hope to see more of you enter.

19. Magenta-Unicorn,

I'd like to play. :)

20. YNWA,

Last chance to register for the Scopa tournament, we will close the registration at Midnight, Tuesday, UK time.

21. phoenix009,

Count me in!

22. YNWA,

We are delighted to publish details of the 2020 Scopa tournament draw. Those of you have a star against your name will be table master. The table master will be responsible for hosting the game and reporting the result of the game to Miralina/YNWA. As we have one less round for the tournament we have decided to increase points as shown below:

The minimum score limits for victory are, Round 1 (20 pts), Quarter finals (25 pts), Semi-finals (25 pts) and Final (30 pts). Please note that all rounds will be concluded even if a player reaches the suggested score to win.

1ST ROUND DRAW

Match 1 Korent* v koo_loo_cheh
Match 2 genti* v DarkAlareza
Match 3 alee v alesia
Match 4 therainmaker* v andkuk
Match 5 anika* v zuzia
Match 6 blaise* v Mohammedddd
Match 7 adventure-time* v cristina
Match 8 RadioPierpaolo v Anah

* = Table Master

STANDBY LIST

Ilyes_1
Griezmann17
CatOfTheCanals
candyqueen,
MagentaUnicorn

Please remember if you are unable to make the tournament for any reason then please contact Miralina/YNWA so you can be replaced by one of the players on the standby list. From previous experience those on the standby list still have a good chance to participate in this tournament.

Best of luck.

Miralina/YNWA

Last edited by YNWA, Nov 11 2020 18:03:00

23. Ryan_K ,

There are two matches without stars.

24. YNWA,

Plus 2 hosts, more confusing if I put myself or Miralina alongside the names.

24 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post