the 99 tournament draw

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Qais,

Hi everyone,
We are amazed to announce that we got a total of 68 registrations. This is double the number we have originally planned for, therefore we have decided to change the format to accommodate for this new number of participants.
We will be taking the first 48 registrations to avoid potential problems resulting from too many absents. Hence the new format will be as follows:
On the first day, (Saturday), we will host 3 stages. At the first stage, we will divide the 48 players to 16 groups containing 3 players each. Every 3 players will play 1 game that will be stopped after the first player runs out of pennies, and the remaining 2 players will qualify to the next stage.
At the second stage, we will be having a total of 32 players. Hence we will get back to our original format in which The players will be divided into 8 groups, and they will play in a round-robin system until we reach the semifinals. Starting from the semifinals, we will be having a knock-out system.
Matches will take the 1V1 form, (except the first stage), starting with 10 pennies in the first 2 stages, increasing by 5 pennies at each new stage until we reach the final match with 30 pennies.
Please make sure to come on time, (5:00PM UTC), and check this link to know your local time.
https://time.is/1700_5_Dec_2020_in_UTC?Ninety_nine_tournament.

As usual, we expect a lot of absence so we would appreciate the presence of the players who are on the waiting list, and we remind you that you still have a chance to play.
We would like to take the chance to remind you of some general rules:
-please do not leave without contacting one of the organizers to make sure you have no matches left to play.

Last edited by Qais, Dec 3 2020 21:29:24

2. Marina,

The draw of the second stage:
Group 1
1salmanf16
2Candyqueen
3Kristen_Star
4Mahmoud
Group 2
1el-dragon
2Magicalkrrish
3Kiss
4Jack21
Group 3
1alsomah
2policeman1
3ahbot
4MuhammadHajjar
Group 4
1Fawaz
2ACM1
3sanasfwt
4Cristina
Group 5
1abdulla-dubais
2Hronosvod
3roadbird
4delmar-barry
Group 6
1sajad-aliraqi
2Meow
3Godfather
4ChrisCornell
Group 7
1magentaUnicorn
2gfriha
3Blaise
4Cork
Group 8
1Moriarty
2Julio14
3pilot-in.the-air
4illium

3. Kristen_Star,

I would like to clarify how the calculation is built in the tournament. I played four times: the first time I played with three players, one of them lost, and the second immediately left the table. I lost once and officially won twice. but at the same time, I didn't get to the final, although the girl who got to the final in the last game lost to me. so we can say that the chances were equal.

4. Qais,

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your patience today. Despite some absents, we could still find replacements and follow the new tournament format quite smoothly. So thank you for everyone who came. Since we realized that time is getting late for some people in some countries, we have decided to host the third stage tomorrow instead. Please come at the same time as today (5:00PM UTC). Here is the third stage draw:
Group 1
1Ahbot
2Blaise
3Godfather
4Pilot-in-the.air
Group 2
1Julio14
2Magicalkrrish
3Mahmoud
4Riad
Group 3
1gfriha
2ACM1
3Muhammadhajjar
4ChrisCornell
Group 4
1Kiss
2Cristina
3Abdulla-dubais
4Kristen_Star

Last edited by Qais, Dec 5 2020 20:42:39

5. Marina,

Hey Kristen,
in the first stage, the matches were supposed to stop after the first player loses, and the other remaining players would qualify. Hense it was not necessary to continue the match.
We appologize for a small mistake on our side, we have checked the history again, it turned out you won 2 matches while Candyqueen won only 1 match. Therefore you qualify instead of her. Sorry for the inconveniences. I hope you see this message on time.

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post