a question about the farkle ternament and weird things happening

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. darklover ,

Hello there. Me and my friend were apply for the latest farkle ternament, the thing is that it was hosted by a player, and after the idea about changing date and month, now the hoster is different. how it is possible and seriusly, like people are still applying for the ternament and he call us funny people. Can anyone explain to me what's happening here? thanks so much.

2. Nikola,

Short story is that some people are not very serious when hosting a tournament.
There's nothing we can do here, best to try to message the organizers, but generally, if the first post seems to lack basic information for a tournament it's best to avoid signing up or at least message the organizer to see how serious and willing they are.

3. Marina,

I would like to clarify more things, the host did not actually change, the organizer just did not come to her own tournament, it was not written that it was changed anywhere.
Also, the comment funny people was probably directed at the person who signed up for the tournament on feb 26th, when it was supposed to be held on feb 22nd. And here where unserious people stand too, they do not bother to read anything about the topic, they just sign up without reading, that's why after this comment I have closed the topic since it had surved it purpose, more than 5 days have passed and the organizer did not postpone the tournament nor put a public appology in that post, so I think it had surved its purpose already.

4. James_Ketchup ,

I know it's not my place to say anything but it does say that it will be held on the weekend of March 6th. Just something i noticed but not sure if it makes a difference. Eh it's not my tournament anyway so it is what it is

5. darklover ,

yeah I understand that, but the thing which confuses me is that, we all know that, it was posted by candyqueen, how it changed to qais? that's the weird thing though

6. Nikola,

Hello,
I think you confused it here, because Qais never said he is the organizer or anything similar, he just said funny people as Marina explained above as well as why the topic was closed.
Edit: Oh, I think what might confuse you is that if you are reading this topic from the Windows client, it looks like the first post is by Qais, but that's only because there are older posts available you can access by activating the next page option. Then you'll see the first post was by candyqueen as always

Last edited by Nikola, Mar 2 2021 23:57:09

7. jason ,

James is right so who didn't read before they sign up Marina?

8. gagansrinu,

hay this gagan their one unother thing that really that is, when time is shown the organizer is not creating and organizing the tornament and i have checked the time in my country as provided in the discription. so pleace try to resolve. other pleace don't organize the tornaments and waste our times.

9. justin,

exactly! I agree please provide a propertiming if the tournament is being organised otherwise it's a waste of time applying for the tournaments not only this one but other tournaments also!

10. YNWA,

Most of the time it is players not turning up for tournaments and this time the boot is on the other foot where the host doesn't turn up. Both things are bad but the question is how many really care when they miss a tournament and how many bother to take the time to apologise. I know some do but most don't care.

A good tournament is a partnership between hosts and players where both work together. Hosts need players to turn up, create a good playing atmosphere by respecting opponents and help out if needed. Players need hosts to have a plan, have a team that work well together as well as deal with issues if they come up.

You only get out of something what you are prepared to put in.

11. unolover,

he cancled it

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post