Not Exactly a Bug, but requires Urgent Attention

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +2

1. omeed ,

Hello. Given the fact that the Iranian government has seriously disrupted secure protocols used to connect to the Playroom and other servers due to recent protests sweeping the whole country, I'm sending this message to ask you to activate unsecure connections for IP addresses located in Iran. I'm fully aware that this will compromise our privacy to some extent, but I think at least, access should be prioritized over privacy in this particular situation. Right now, using VPN software is the only way your Iranian users can join the playroom. However, reliable VPN software is very difficult to come by overhere, and many people simply can't do anything about it.

Score: +2

Last edited by omeed , Oct 27 2022 22:22:07

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

I don't know at all what's blocked and what isn't blocked by your country, so I hope my answer will help you.

Normally, if secure connections all fail, then unsecure connections are attempted.

Go to options, security, and make sure that the option "only use secure connections" isn't checked.
When this option is checked, it prevents you from connecting using any unencrypted connection. It's generally good to do so for privacy, but in your particular situation it can be counter-productive if your country blocks all secure connections.

Feel free to come back if you still have issues.

Score: +1

3. omeed ,

Hello Aminiel. I've done it before, but no go. Let me explain the situation in lay terms so that you may derive the technical aspects from what we have here. your website is not blocked and works like a clock. However, when we try to log in, we simply are kept waiting without any error message or whatsoever. When we switch from wifi to mobile connection, we manage to get through, but our speed is reduced like crazy, even when the security option is not checked. By the way, the web client works fine, and the problem seems to be limited to the windows client.
This was a brief description in purely non-technical terms. Hope it helps you resolve the issue. Thanks again.

Score: +0

Last edited by omeed , Oct 28 2022 10:04:15

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

OK, so, if I understand you well, the windows client tries to connect, but it never succeeds, it keeps trying in an endless loop ?

It would be very interesting to have some of your debug.txt file when something like this happens.
Unfortunately, network issues like this is very hard to debug. For the moment, I can't say much more, sadly.

5. omeed ,

Exactly. But the problem is resolved as soon as we use a VPN or other IP protection tools to connect. Just the windows client. Thanks anyway.

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account