You didn't choose the right card!

23 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Marina,

hello

I would like to report what happens with me and many other players when we play uno with interseption, it just says "You didn't choose the right card." and gets us at the top of the cards so we can't intersept. also I would like to point out that server is really unstable sometimes so fast and sometimes so so slo, hopefully you can give us any solution to this, at least the you didn't choose the right card thing.
thanks

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

For the message: "you didn't chose the right card", it may happen because of a synchronization problem. Try to resynchronize by pressing F11.

Synchronization problems are often due to slow and/or instable connections. Basicly it means that there is a difference between the list known on the server and the list presented to you on your client. Normally you don't even notice it because it is refreshed quick enough (no more than 50 to 100ms), except when the connection is laggy.

Please, don't abuse of the F11 function, you can be kicked out without warning if you do it too much too often. This is something to use as a last resort.

Concerning the connection itself, everything is working fine here, so we assume the problem is on your side and we can't do anything against it, unfortunately. Unless you find a very precise problem of a wider importance we might report to our host OVH, e.g. if a whole country or ISP has problems with the whole OVH network; it's rare but it already happened.

3. MuhammadHajjar,

Hello
I personally face the same problem that I discussed it a lot with my friends, , it is very, very very annoying problem, can you try to do something because we're not the only persons who face this annoying thing?

4. Marina,

thank you for taking the time to reply.
But maybe yes my connection is too slo though sometimes randomly it gets so so fast in playroom, however, this message doesn't appear only to me, it appears even to people who has very fast speed like 100mbps so not sure what's the issue here, when we're playing usually someone has to paste this message so I don't really get it.
and thanks about using f11 I'll try that hopefully without abusing it.

5. Aminiel,

Everything is working fine here. So I'm afraid that I'm unable to do anything if it's a connection problem coming from your side.

And if it's something else, I need at least some clues on how I might reproduce the problem. Without more info, I can't do anything.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jul 3 2015 13:15:19

6. Riad,

Oh, the problem occurs with me, but not so often, it occurs mostly when the game is a game with too many people as I experienced, it doesn't have anything related to the connection or its speed, it might be a server error or something. Anyway, thanks Aminiel for clarifying.

7. keyWasFull,

The problem occurs if you try and play too fast. If you are farther away from the server it takes longer to update. The only sollution would probably be to install a relay server in the US somewhere.

8. Marina,

maybe the solution would be to restart the server I am not really sure, but I remember about 3 months ago, exactly in 5 april night I guess, someone restarted the server and all tables were abandend but then it worked super fast notably for everyone but after some few days it got slo again
ps this person that I forgot the username even wrote sorry about the disconnection in the mainroom chat

9. Epic_Krrish,

yes i agree on restarting, since we having a uno tournament tommorrow, it will help every body

10. Riad,

Yes, yes, I really suggest this too in case you haven't, but now the server is way too fast with me.

11. Raki,

I agree, a restart would be amazing, especially if done before the tournament.
keywasfull is right, when you try to play fast (press enter and enter again to intersept) you get that message.

12. Exink,

Wow, this subject could reach more posts than another thread before! I believe the sinchrhonisation error occurs because when you have the "allow straights" option enabled but you fail when choosing the card for intercept, the system thinks you tried to choose a card to put it in the straight. For example, playing a red 4 and you tri to intercept this with a green 4 but you mistakenly do it with a blue5, this is badly interpreted as a straight error, not an interception error since those words happend at a high speed.

In fact this has occurred me many times but I didn't signal it because I believe this is what's happening.

Please, don't abuse of the F11 function, you can be kicked out without warning if you do it too much too often.

But does the system is who kick us? Or is there an admin for kicking if someone abuses of the f11 key?

13. Marina,

no, when you play a wrong card, it says too late if it wasn't your turn, or if it was your turn, it says you can't play this card.

14. Raki,

no, hummingbird, even if you do it on the right card it says that.

15. Exink,

Yes, I have noticed it while I was playing an uno game, but maybe it's not so important.

16. Raki,

It is extremely important as it slows you down.
You play uno, you should understand!

17. Exink,

I'm not sure; my slowness isn't about that problem, and there are great uno players that are here before reporting this bug. However, I recognise this bug slows down us a bit.

18. Aminiel,

But does the system is who kick us? Or is there an admin for kicking if someone abuses of the f11 key?

No, it's automatic, and it's a bit like the anti-flood system.

As some of you already said, the message is effectively different if you miss an interception or try to play an unplayable card. Respectively "you can't play this card" or "too late". This message "you didn't chose the right card" is specificly related to synchronization.

The server is probably going to reboot in the afternoon. I need to make some upgrades. At which time starts your tournament ? (please give GMT time)

For the moment I'm contemplating our new uptime record: 50 days. Previously it was 38 days.

19. keyWasFull,

it would be 13:00 gmt.

20. Exink,

What means that it will vegin exactly at fivty two minutes.

21. Marina,

thanks aminiel for restarting it's super fast now, hope it stays like that :)

22. afrim,

I have noticed sometimes that the server slows down. Which means, when you enter in playroom the server is allright, but 10 or 15 minutes later, the server slows down. There's no connection problem here. The speed I have 4 megabit per second doesn't destabilise it remains in a constant state.

23. MuhammadHajjar,

Hello,
Good work Aminiel, thanks a lot, will have a uno challenge now against a bot to test that and to break boredom. :D

23 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post