Client forum: Impossible to open a topic you created (solved)

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +3

1. Nikola,

Hello,
I suppose this bug started after the latest forum update, but maybe not. In any case, it was definitely not present last week on Friday, when I made my last correctly working topic.

If you send a permanent message to someone, and then try to open that discussion by using the client forum, it does not actually work. You get the press enter to read the post message, but no discussion ever opens and you just remain on the previous screen.

I am not sure whether this happens on the main forum as well, we are about to find out after I make this topic and try it out, and you will see the results of that as an edit to this message.

On the other hand, other people who are not the topic creators can open a topic just fine and everything works correctly. This remains broken only for the topic creator.

Thanks.

Edit: The bug works just as described even when making a new forum topic, so not limited to the inbox.

Edit 2: If you edit the topic from the Website itself and then come back to it on the client, now it works correctly, so this is a temporary workaround. On the other hand even the topic creation from the Website still results in a broken topic that cannot be opened via the client forum, but no issues on the Website itself.

Score: +1

Last edited by Nikola, Feb 8 2024 15:51:47

2. Marina,

I don't think it's related only to topics you create, I got the same problem with 2 random topics and they remain the same, even though I was not the creator. I thought at the beginning that the reason is they have no replies yet, however I could open your's normally.
The topics I could not open worked from the websites and are:
https://qcsalon.net/en/forum8/topic121405
https://qcsalon.net/en/forum49/topic121375

Score: +1

3. Nikola,

Hi,
just to avoid confusing anybody, this topic can be opened by everyone, including me, because I unintentionally fixed it when I edited the topic from the Website.

For the rest, it is probably related to the new ability to add topic labels on the Website.
If I had to make a guess, and that would be purely speculation on my part, a topic is supposed to have the "none" label by default, in other words, no label.
On the Website or client when making a topic, there is no control to set its label, only when editing one, that part certainly makes sense.
However, there may be a problem that the client has no label to load in the menu for such new topics, so the bug is likely to be present whenever you have the ability to change the label of a given topic.
That would explain how I fixed it by just editing the topic, the label combo box is already set to the none label, so the information was just added after the edit.

Hopefully it helps to look at the right place. So far, in my tests via the inbox, replying or not replying to the topic did not change anything.

Score: +0

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

Nikola had it mostly right. It should now be fixed.

Score: +3

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account