Please help, some issue with a new account.

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Maya,

Hello all.
Before I write about the issue, just thought to say, Please, do not be confused, I am not an admin. Admin's name is spelt with double y - mayya, I am maya and not an admin. I have been on playroom since it has been created. I am just saying that because I am getting many requests from people to unban people ETC. When I tell them I am not an admin, some people think I am a liar.
OK, let's get back to the topic.
I helped my friend create a new playroom account on Monday. After putting e-mail, user name and password she got notification that verification e-mail with all her credentials and validation link has been sent to her e-mail addres, so she clicked on the link to validate it.
Since that time she has been trying to log in with her correct credentials, but the client and website says the credentials have been incorrect.
Please, is there any waiting time with new accounts to be approved by admins?
What else can she do about it to get it work?
Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Have wonderful times playing games, chatting and making new friends.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

First of all, a slight correction: mayya with two "y" is helper, not admin. This isn't the same and it would be preferable to be clear in order to avoid confusions.

If you are annoyed too much by requests from people believing that you are helper, the simplest is probably changing your nickname. This would leave all future confusions. To do so, go to your settings at http://qcsalon.net/en/options .

Then, for your friend: no, new accounts aren't approved by anyone. Normally, once the link in the validation e-mail is clicked, another e-mail is sent to you saying welcome and you can start using your new account from that moment on.

IF she didn't get another e-mail saying that her account ahs effectively been validated, perhaps something went
wrong. The simplest is maybe to try again.
What is the nickname of your friend ? An helper can check if that account has been created or not.

3. CathyAnne,

Oh, I didn't realize that. Also, aminiel, I don't mind communicating with you at all. You are doing a wonderful job as the administrator.

4. YNWA,

the situation is easily solved with helpers having mod after their name as we do on TAFN. for example mayank(mod), and this situation mayya(mod). That would help new players too should they need help with getting started. After all the job spec did say that new players could ask for help with getting started. Most of us know who the helpers are now or quickly find out so there is no need to keep their names hidden now.

5. mayya,

oh no, thank you. we keep our nicknames as they are, because people, in stead of talking with us directly, they should ask their questions via f4 key, sending history rreports, and never contact the person itself. so if we get questions directly from people, it is already unpreferable butwhat to do.

Sorry maya, I had a nickname called maya89 in the beginning, but I wanted to change it a year later and found that maya is already taken, so what I did is simply add a letter.

I can change mine if it disturbs you that much

Best

Mayya

6. YNWA,

there are 3 Maya's maya, mayya and mahya if I am correct.

7. NovaLenada ,

And, one mayita. In the spanish server. :D

8. Exink,

There is also an account named mayada, remember it? Haha that's another topic about the similar names here :D.

9. LaraStardust,

are you, for real? I'm sorry here, but are you guys for real? let me get this straight. We, as the players, can not communicate with you guys, as the helpers and/or admins on help/amdin things, because... well just because? are you actually, for real?

10. NovaLenada ,

it is mayana, and she's new on here if you ment her.

11. MuhammadHajjar,

Wo, a lot of mayas.

12. Maya,

@Aminiel and all, please, accept my apologies, I did not intent to attack anyone. I really did not know that mayya is a helper, so I am really sorry if I got people confused.
I am not anoyed by requests from people believing that I am a helper, it is fine for me explaining them that I am not a helper, what I mean is that some people think I am a liar and I am not willing to help them, that's why I mentioned it, but I can cope with it fine.
As for changing my nickname, I would not be happy doing that because I've been using it since I created the account.
As for my friend and creating her account, everything works perfectly already. I believe she did something wrong when clicking on the verification link, so I tried and created the account on my computer and things are fine, so please accept my apologies for this one as well.
@mayya, it is all fine, you can keep your current nickname, it does not bother me at all. I mentioned it just to let people know I am the other person.
Thanks for understanding and have a wonderful times on playroom.

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post