playroom on IOS 9 with Safari

14 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. JustinT,

Hello, I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug, but I am unable to navigate with voiceover on IOS 9 when loading the playroom site, and clicking play link.
Is there anything I can do to be able to play on the playroom under IOS 9.0.1?
thanks so much
Justin T
skype/twitter: drummer0608
email: jbthornton91@gmail.com
take care, I look forward to hearing from someone

2. helleon,

Dude get it on windows seriously, playroom is so inaccessible on safari i don't even use web client anymore

3. LaraStardust,

I dont quite agree with that.
While I've not tried it for some time, I found it fairly acceessible when I did.
As for IOS 9. I'm not exactly sure. My advice would be log in first, then click play see if that makes any difference. I'll have a look later to see also if I have difficulty

4. basket,

I was able to do it no problems.

5. gaurasuryavanshi,

which browser are you using on ios9?

6. helleon,

tried it here no problem. u must have a lot of patience dardar can't stand taht web client, especially with games like uno and free tables

7. dilek,

i could not hear game sounds with safari.

8. Aminiel,

Sounds are disabled by default on iOS, because they take a while to load depending on your connection (what isn't always desirable e.g. 3G, limited mobile abonnement, etc.), and consume quite a lot of battery (at least it did so on iOS 6 and 7)

You can enable them by going to options > web options.

9. Exink,

Hey Aminiel,

Speaking about sounds, I have a question about this:

Are the sounds downloaded to the device? Or are they requested to the server each time it's needed? And could be very expensive o use the web client using a data plan? Thanks a lot!

10. Aminiel,

Normally they are only downloaded once during a whole game session, but keep careful if your dataplan is short in size. You'd better play on wifi or disable them when on 3G/4G.

Without sounds, you don't have a big risk of exceeding your data forfait. Even to consume 10 MB of data you have to play for quite a long time. When adding sounds, keep in mind that they are easily 100 KB each so it goes much faster.

Last edited by Aminiel, Sep 28 2015 18:27:09

11. LaraStardust,

interesting. So you store thenm o the server and the web client requests then deletes them?

12. Aminiel,

IN fact I don't know exactly. It's the job of the browser's cache.

13. basket,

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of support and functionality on the web client on Safari for the mac. I like how the keystrokes are almost the same, and all system sounds are present. Very well done.

14. LaraStardust,

indeed its a well coded server, a credit to ya aminiel, or who ever coded it

14 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post