question to the administrator

21 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Kristen_Star,

Good time of day. why can't I rename myself again? before the existence of the nickname, I made several attempts to perimenovatsya-I just had to change one letter in the old nickname, then I decided to come up with a new one, and the administrators renamed me. 30 days have already passed, and I decided to change my nickname again, but for some reason my request is ignored, in my opinion, for the third time. what kind of injustice?! someone changes their nickname every month, but in my case it's a whole problem

2. Marina,

Hello,

I think you are using a translator so excuse me if I did not understand some certain parts of your message. However I think you are trying to point out you had problems changing your username.

I hope before you start calling it favoritism you check the following points:
1. It does not matter you have changed a letter or 2 in your username, it is still considered a change and if it was approved you would need to wait 30 days again.
2. Please allow 2 to 3 days for us to check the request, it rarely takes more than a week, and just in extreme cases.
3. Always read the first heading to make sure your request was submitted to us successfully. Maybe the username is taken or not accepted and it has not even reached us.
4. Finally, and since I assume you are using a translator, you are may be trying to change your language in a part that does not have helpers. Always make sure your language is either English, French, Spanish or Italian for us to be able to receive your request.

I usually check the requests every 2 to 3 days, and I have not received any requests from you, so check all of the above points and try again.

The English helpers.

3. Destranis,

Marina, with support and without trying to attack anyone, I'd ask the following. How does favouritism relate here? Nobody called you out because of that, but why does favouritism come in your mind the very first second? Why are you afraid of people calling you out cause of this only problem, and why are you attacking back this hardly? Thanks for answering...

4. Fawaz,

I think because of this line:
" but for some reason my request is ignored, in my opinion, for the third time. what kind of injustice?! someone changes their nickname every month, but in my case it's a whole problem"

5. Destranis,

Because it's true. There are a lot of people changing their names in every month. And what about me, when I changed my name but before it wouldn't have been changed, I asked with f4 if it was possible not to change it instead, so please ignore my request. Instead of answering, they changed my name. I asked it at a time when she was available, in hopes that she saw my message. But for example if I said something that would hurt the english helpers, or hell knows, for example if I swore at them, my messages would be read immediately. And no, it's not favouritism, it's just sometimes being unaware of what happens, but I don't blame anyone. Everyone has their own life, this includes admins as well, but please, when it shows that you are online, chatting with your friends, listen to the community as well.

6. Marina,

Equally without attack, why don't you ask why people, including yourself attack and call favoritism for no reason?
With regards to your case we have already discussed privately more than enough so no need to mention it here although you have clearly said things like “for some reason I am not in your close circle and you dislike me”.
In that specific incidence you’re referring to, it was very clear how that person tried to call favoritism just because they didn’t accept their punishment.
However, I did not attack anyone here, I was clearly explaining the possible reasons of the username being unchanged. The line where mentions favoritism has been already copied in the previous post so need to copy it again. I am equally wondering why people just think of favoritism the very first second something goes wrong.
And as I mentioned, changing a username is done regularly every 2 to 3 days except when I get busy with something in my life, I am grateful you have realized I also have a life. However, I haven’t seen your message, and if I have seen it I would have not changed it. It is possible that I go away and miss some messages, or get disconnected at times even if I am available. But please realize that is also your fault for changing a username which you don’t want.
So stop taking everything personally, stop taking every chance to attack for no apparent reason. I’ve had enough of such unconstructive behaviors.

7. Destranis,

I have nothing against you, but everyone is able to make mistakes. My mistake was that I sent the name change, but your mistake was to attack. I don't knowwhy do you think I dislike you, honestly, I can't dislike people who I don't even know.

8. Marina,

I don't know you either so I am not concerned about that, with that aside can you please show me where did I attack?

9. Destranis,

Hmm. So.
"With regards to your case we have already discussed privately more than enough so no need to mention it here although you have clearly said things like “for some reason I am not in your close circle and you dislike me”."
And:
"I am grateful you have realized I also have a life"
These aren't straight personal attacks, however, they are attacks in a way.

10. Marina,

I am wondering if any of these were not true, weren't you the one who came to comment on a post that doesn't relate to you with the only purpose of attacking?
weren't all of the following attacks?

"Marina, with support and without trying to attack anyone, I'd ask the following. How does favouritism relate here? Nobody called you out because of that, but why does favouritism come in your mind the very first second? Why are you afraid of people calling you out cause of this only problem, and why are you attacking back this hardly? Thanks for answering..."

even after the explanation you again decided to continue attacking.

"Because it's true. There are a lot of people changing their names in every month. And what about me, when I changed my name but before it wouldn't have been changed, I asked with f4 if it was possible not to change it instead, so please ignore my request. Instead of answering, they changed my name. I asked it at a time when she was available, in hopes that she saw my message. But for example if I said something that would hurt the english helpers, or hell knows, for example if I swore at them, my messages would be read immediately. And no, it's not favouritism, it's just sometimes being unaware of what happens, but I don't blame anyone. Everyone has their own life, this includes admins as well, but please, when it shows that you are online, chatting with your friends, listen to the community as well."

I was just giving you the answer you asked for. Or are you always justified for attacking and don't expect an answer. Please consider and think before you start just attacking and attacking, you claimed I attacked the original poster and haven't showed me where I did.

11. TanThetaIsSinThetaByCosTheta,

um? guys? can you both not sort your personal issues out on the public forom? no offence, but the op asked a question, which marina was kind enough to reply, and reply properly, thus i think things should be cleared. so this topic served its purpose. i mean i'm not hating on anyone but we have all sen that many drama fests on forums start with two people sorting their private stuff out in public...
Anywyas, its just a suggestion. no offence to anyone, neither any hard feelings.
take care...

12. Kristen_Star,

Yes, it is possible that my request did not reach you, but I play through an English-language server, and accordingly, I use the same language on the site. I don't know why, in this case, my requests don't reach you. I entered, as required, the old password, and then a new nickname, then, of course, clicking "change nickname". but after that the window didn't show whether my request was sent to you or not

13. Marina,

Hello,
you can check whether the request was sent or not by checking probably the first or second heading. It does not say under the new username field, but it says rather at the top if the request was sent or there was a problem such as the username is taken already.

14. Naday,

Sometimes it actually shows no message. Maybe because the request had been sent to another language before. Not sure if it is a bug but I suppose it prevents players spamming sending the same request over and over.

15. YNWA,

I think people should be able to cancel their request if they make an err immediately but I do feel the amount of times people can change their username should be limited to 5 or 6 a year, After that it is tough luck.

16. Naday,

It's fine. It is limited to 12 a year. But yes it would be nice if we could cancel the request, or if someone would refuse the request, being able to send it again. Not to spam either, but once a helper in another language refused my request by mistake (they said) and I could not send a request with the same name anymore.

17. policeman1,

Change to my name maybe and you will not have any problem.

18. Lemonade,

Apart from getting arrested, of course. But that is such a minor inconvenience compared to all the other woes that life has to offer.

19. majoz,

Hello,
@CheesyToppings55 you get a thumbs up from me.
Seriously, does this forum even have a moderator? It seems that any kind of conversation is allowed out here. No offence to anyone, but I am lately seeing the forum spammed with things I'd not even expect to read on here. Personaly I'd suggest to delete the whole conversation that comes after Marina's reply to the original post, because everything that comes after is, from my point of view, unrelevant to be even shown publicly. Don't you think it's worth a thought?
A good health and strong nerves to everyone, majoz over and out.

20. Jatayu,

sadly, the moderator themselves was involved in said conversation...

21. Nikola,

Well, if you were a helper and someone told you you call favouritism for no reason and attack someone back you would probably respond as well. If the post was only deleted people would say how freedom of speech is not allowed and that nonsense. However, I agree that the topic served it's purpose and since the username was already changed as it seems it can probably be closed. That's why doing moderation is difficult, there's no win and you can never satisfy everybody. Good luck to the helpers here since this is one of the largest communities of blind people speaking all languages making it especially hard to moderate.

21 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post