Bug with selection in text boxes.

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Naday,

Hello.

Not sure of all the places where this occurs, but when writing a status message or the subject on a permanent message and/or a post on the forum, you can press CTRL plus a to select all the text in there. However, this isn't possible when writing the text of your message and/or a post of the forum it is not possible. I would suppose because it's a multiline text box?

I don't consider it so important but it might be sometimes necesary.

2. Nikola,

Interesting. I remember this being an issue for me as well, but now I can't reproduce it. What I do however remember is that there was a workaround for that. Try perhaps ctrl a to select all, then tab away from the edit field and shift tab back to it. If I remember right that will cause the selection to happen. Perhaps this was a Windows bug that was later fixed because I remember it affecting other apps too.

3. Marina,

Hello, I indeed get this sometimes too, but the work around is pressing tab then shift tab, it automatically selects all.

4. Naday,

Thank you guys. However, I'm guessing this should be fixed anyway. While it's not so, thanks for the info.

5. Mister_Anderson,

I also have this issue on the chat box, if I write something by mistake then I would remove the entire text ctrl+a doesn't work, so I will have to delete it character by character, but if you move your curser at the top of your text you may select it by shift+end, it works here at least in the chat box not sure about other edit boxes though.

6. Naday,

On the chat, I press CTRL plus C to select, I think. Not sure if it is a bug or what, but it works. :D

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post