Are there two passwords for Quentin

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Moriarty,

Hi folks,
so, after migrating to Linux, Ubuntu mate 20.04 64-bit, I don't have a native Quentin client anymore, so I decided to try out the web version.
However, when I login on the main page, and click Play, I am presented with a client similar to thatone from Windows, but immediately get message that connection failed and my credentials are invalid.
Is it possible, that there are two passwords for my account, one for game and another for the forum?
And if yes, doesn't someone know my gaming password? :)

Thanks!

Best regards

Me

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

No, your password stay the same for the game and the forum. Try to clear the cache and don't use private mode.

3. Moriarty,

Hello,
I have cleared my cache as well as cookies and history, but the problem continues.
After I press Play, Orca says:
Connecting...
Connection established
Unknown command, fail arg=Credencials invalid

I have tried with Firefox as well as Chrome, with the same result.
Could the platform be a problem?

Thanks!

Edit, I think I have figured out the issue. The think is, I usually automatically uncheck checkboxes of type "Remember my login", to prevent passwords accumulating in my browser. So did I with Quentin and it seems, that it causes the issue. When I keep it checked, I am able to join the game just fine.
It doesn't matter much now, as I set Firefox to automatically delete cache and cookies after closing, but if the bug can't be easily solved, it would be good to at least edit the incorrect credentials message so people are aware of this issue.

Last edited by Moriarty, Jun 26 2020 18:58:17

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post