being frozen in Duck Racing

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. TwinkleRose,

I've noticed while playing Duck Racing, if you have say 2 feathers and lose them, you're frozen. This means, in theory, you should have 0 feathers. However, when you press c to check your information, it says frozen, 5 feathers. Can you please fix this? It says you're completely naked, especially after you have 0 feathers and become frozen, so it's confusing as to where the additional 5 feathers came from. Thank you.

2. Nikola,

Hello,
this isn't a bug. After you are frozen, you receive 5 feathers, I think to avoid being frozen immediately at your next available turn. So each time you get frozen, you will start out again with 5 feathers available.

3. TwinkleRose,

But if you have 0 feathers, it says frozen, 5 feathers.

4. Nikola,

Because as soon as you get frozen, you receive 5 feathers, but can't use them until your turn comes and the freezing period ends.

5. Alan1003,

but why do you get frosen anyway. i mean, i understand, but, still tho.

6. YNWA,

You become frozen when you run out of feathers and personally if that happens you should be out of the game. I think it would encourage people to be more careful with their use of their feathers.

While talking about Duck racing I would like to report that Aminiel has resolved the issue where a huge percentage of the answers most of the time were usually option A when people chose their option for a question. Thank you Aminiel for resolving this important issue.

7. Nikola,

I disagree with this. The point of the game for me at least is to play cards. If I have to constantly watch out for feathers, I have no other option than spamming enter to roll the dice when I don't have a lot. The current idea is fine, it only needs some adjustment. I would say that when you are frozen, 2 turns should be the minimum, as it doesn't make much sense being frozen for just 1 turn. You get 5 feathers for almost no cost.
Also, the issue doesn't seem to be any different for me, but it depends. In some games this is indeed not the case, in my experience this happens rarely in a 1 V 1 game, but in games with 4 or more people this is a lot more frequent.

Last edited by Nikola, Aug 25 2020 20:59:16

8. Marina,

By the way, not sure if it was really fixed, we tried a game, and I was counting, 9 answers were A, 1 b, 1 c, and 6 unknown,, but these 6 were not A. So that again gives you more than 55%, but I think I need to test more, since I know that 1 game is not enough.
Maybe I'll consider the idea of having 4 players and each of them answering only in one category so we get more detailed statistics.

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

You become frozen when you run out of feathers and personally if that happens you should be out of the game.

No rule is perfect, but we have chosen to froze instead of simple elimination because it's always frustrating if you are put out of the game when you know that it can possibly still last for quite a while.

It's the case in uno and dominos, but in general these games don't last much, and scores are generally quite balanced, i.e. if you are eliminated, then chances are high that other players will quickly follow. You rarely stay waiting for a long time.

It isn't the case in duck racing, where you might be out quite soon, especially with games with 4, 5 or more players, if you have no luck, bad cards, lost duels and missed questions.

Of course if you have any improvement to suggest, we are open.

10. Nikola,

Can I suggest a couple new duels?
I am sorry if this is off topic and if it was a better idea to create a new one, but it feels like a minor suggestion.
All duels in the game currently are based on pure randomness. If this is your vision of the game and the way duels should work, then my suggestions can't be accepted, but I feel that it would be a good idea to add a few duels not based on randomness as well.
For example, a few based on speed:
A math duel, the Playroom would ask a random math question, we could keep it fairly simple, and the first one to answer wins.
A buzzer duel, similar to Uno, a buzzer sound is played and the first one to react wins.

11. YNWA,

The buzzer one could work as it does already in uno. Maths I guess it depends on what you ask. We played a bingo game where the teacher said 5 4's so we had to look for 20 very quickly before the next was read out but you really did get to know your times table. That kind of thing could work well. Obviously not bingo though but those kind of questions. We already have a few in Quiz party but not so many so it is not really the same thing.

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post