unnecessary and strange changes in duck racing

15 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Kristen_Star,

why almost all cards that are played exclusively for another player can now be played for themselves, for example, small die, Paid service, and the most stupid - Card rub. when playing for two, I, for the sake of experiment, played this card for myself - of course, no logical action followed, the system simply announced that card rub was played on Kristen Star.and, just as stupid to play the card hand switch. this of course is not so kotostrofichno, but newcomers this absurdity can mislead, because in these cards it is written that they can only be played on another player

2. Lemonade,

Yeah, I noticed this about those cards too. I mean, I like being able to play a booster for only 2 feathers instead of 5, but I'm not entirely sure if it's intentional.

3. Nikola,

Probably not, since this is no longer the case as of yesterday's reboot.
I assume something will happen with the game though, since if you look at the card descriptions now, they all have categories at the bottom, similar to Crazy party battle cards.
However, there's another change, you can't see the cards dropped on a square when looking at the board with the V key, I wonder if that's intentional or another bug?

4. Lemonade,

Yeah, was wondering that too. If this was an actual board game, it probably wouldn't work like this, because cards would just be visible if they are physical objects. I guess it encourages people to memorize, but on the other hand, people can just write things down.

5. Nikola,

I'd be fine if it said something like, a card is on this square. That way you could choose to take the risk if you don't remember which card is on that square, and we could say that the card is face down so nobody can see what it is until you step on it. I mean obviously as you say people can just write it down, but this is possible in other games as well so no difference. I suppose we will see soon.

6. Lemonade,

Putting it face down is a nice idea, actually. It does indeed work like this a lot.

7. YNWA,

Maybe when you press "V" to view a board and you down arrow you hear a click when you are directly on a square where a player has placed a card. The click could be the same when you have selected a card for say Cribbage or French Tarot when discarding. Maybe if you press "D" it tells you what the card is/does. I think this could be a good way of finding out where the cards have been placed. Perhaps there could be an optional card where you can choose the number that you want to avoid and replace it with a lucky 7?

Here is a question for you, I have not come across it yet What happens if players have placed more than 1 card on a square?

8. Nikola,

Nothing, you can't drop more than 1, it will simply tell you that a card is already on this square.

9. midomidomido,

i don't like the last change which made dropped cards hidden!
remembering is not the aim of the game i think,

10. Aminiel,

Hello,

You have well understood were the work was in progress.

Of course, the fact that dropped cards are no longer visible is a temporary bug. I'll fix it soon, thank you for signaling it.

11. Destranis,

Midomidomido: every game has an aim of remembering stuff. Nothing except shut the boxes works like that, so if you'd like only to press buttons randomly, play e.g. shut the box or whatever.

12. Nikola,

Aminiel already clarified this is a bug though.
Thanks for your response.
Edit: fixed in today's reboot, thanks for such a quick fix!

Last edited by Nikola, Sep 10 2020 22:11:31

13. Lemonade,

This most recent update also seems to have changed ink/tar stains so that you don't waste them anymore if you step on your own. I'm not sure if there are other cards that work like that, I'm guessing cartboard glue does too. Fun times!
And no, you can still blow yourself up with your own mines.

14. Rincewind ,

Although I just noticed that you don't get the feathers if someone else steps on the stains while you're frozen. If anyone else can confirm the same.

15. Cristina ,

Sure, while you're frozen, you don't get those feathers, but also nobody can play any card on you.
It is as if you would be dead, lol
It's funny

15 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account