New game which not works. Barbu.

10 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. ogoniciel,

I see Barbu's game on the list and when I want to display the help page, browser displaying 404 not found, and when I want to play it after selecting any option the client only plays the sound as in the connection and nothing happens.

2. Fawaz,

Hi,
should be 3 players or more, it is pretty like beoullabaisse,
the goal is to get least points as possible, depending on the contract, there will be certain cards will give points, you just have to avoid them or take all of them.
of course the king will not work with everything nothing that will certain give 60 points just as round 4 in beoulla.
this is the classic mode, I haven't tried others yet.
good luck.

3. Marina,

Hello,
Since Aminiel has decided in a quick decision to also release this game for the 10th anniversary of the playroom, the rules were not written yet.
It will be written soon though, so stay tuned. For now as already stated it is very similar to Bouillabaisse.
By the way you can check the new Duck Racing board created for the same celebration.
Have fun.

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

Rules are now online:
http://qcsalon.net/en/barbu

5. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks for the new game and for the rules as well. In Barbu, it seems the option for enabling or disabling the all or nothing rule is useless, because if you pick all the points of the round you will lose points even with that rule turned off. Maybe this is intentional, but the rules say you should be able to disable the slam.

6. whozitken,

the game barbu now works but there is one major snag the keyboard commands are in spanish I can't review keyboard commands within a game.

7. Nikola,

Hello,
do you mean the F1 help message? If so, this is in French, not Spanish.
It isn't very important though, it is not updated for this game and is the same as bouillabaisse.
I recommend reviewing the keyboard shortcuts section of the rules Aminiel posted, that list contains the new shortcuts for this game. Most importantly, D to hear a contract description, left and right arrows while adjusting contracts to change the suit or the figure (where applicable), N to change between negative and positive contract, as well as R to randomize the choice, and I to disable and enable inversion, though I am not entirely sure how that last one works yet.
So for reference, the F1 message says:
Press C to know the cards currently on the table, or press 1 to 9 to know them one by one.
Press F to know the current suit.
Press R to announce specific rules of the current round.
Press T to know whose turn it is.
Press S to know the scores.

Last edited by Nikola, Oct 3 2020 18:20:03

8. Fawaz,

Isn't that 'i' to reverse the power of cards, 2 the highest and ace the lowest.
like playing the jack in scientific war haha.

9. Nikola,

Yeah, that's what the rules say as well, but I don't know if it works for the entire game like that, for one round, for specific contracts? It's a little strange to have a no queens contract for example and the strongest card 2. Furthermore, nothing is spoken when you press I while customising the game, so I am not sure if it's even on, even though I did it once and it seemed to work correctly for the trumps contract.

Last edited by Nikola, Oct 3 2020 20:55:06

10. Aminiel,

The card order inversion can be activated for a given contract. It's really per contract and not general for the whole game.

Yes it looks a little strange to have a contract no queens with inverted card order, but why not. I'm pretty sure that something fun can come from such unexpected settings.

10 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post