A bug in duck racing with droppable cards and frozen players

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Nikola,

Hello,
here is an interesting bug. If a player is frozen in a turn, and a droppable card activates, the card won't cause the player to move because he is frozen.
Here is an example, as I am not sure how to put it in words :)
It's Blue duck's turn.
Blue duck uses a card Withdrawal on Stupid computer.
Stupid computer goes back 2 squares.
Square #8: Shady water
Stupid computer loses 1 feathers.
Stupid computer is completely naked!
Cold is taking over Stupid computer's body...
A card Mine dropped by Tarzan is on this square.
Blue duck throws the die: 3
Blue duck advances 3 squares.
Square #5: Diving board
Blue duck gets 1 feathers.
Draw 1 cards

As you can see, here a mine activated, but stupid computer did not move back 15 squares, because he got frozen before the card was activated, thus making the card completely useless. In this case, I believe the mine should either not activate at all when somebody steps on it who is frozen, or it should activate and work normally.

2. YNWA,

Surely the bomb would warm him up a little. On a serious note the bomb should still work and the duck should go back 15 squares. It is double jeopardy but the question is if if it was on whirlpool for example could the bot go forward/backwards in this scenario.

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this bug. I don't know well which of the two solutions I'm going to choose, the sympathic one or the less sympathic one. An opinion?

@YNWA, the bug is about dropped cards, not effects on squares. So the move will happen for sure on the whirlpool.

4. Lemonade,

I think the cards should activate.

5. Rincewind ,

This might be similar to the original post. Wwen the other person is frozen, if you step on their cards like ink stane, they won't activate.

6. YNWA,

I think that cards should be activated. If the cards are not activated you then have to ask the question what will happen to the effect of the card? would it roll over until another player lands on that square, or even more strangely have 2 players remain on the same square when the bomb goes off! (assuming another player lands on the same square before the player who has lost all their feathers can play again, using the previous example).

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post