Bouillabaisse bug, scoring

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. TranzitTrainer,

I've been playing bouillabaisse with bots for a while and there is an error which occurs fairly regularly, though not in every game. During the first 5 rounds, points are added to your score as you win tricks. However, occasionally, when the points are tallied at the end of the round, instead of being added, they will be subtracted from one person. Here's an example: I'm playing with blue duck and bat man. At the end of the round it says TranzitTrainer gets 10 points, blue duck gets 45 points, and bat man gets 20 points. Scores TranzitTrainer 10, blue duck 45, bat man minus 20. So the problem is that while all the point assignments are correct, it subtracts the points from Bat man instead of adding them. Note, I realize that points are subtracted during round 6. This happens during the first 5 rounds. Is there any other information I can provide that would help to fix this?

2. Vojvoda,

If you are playing with an option everything or nothing turned on, if a player takes all the relevant points for that round will have those points substracted.
Let's say you press R and it says: each 10 is worth 50 points, if you take all 4 10s you will get minus 200 points.

Score: +1

3. TranzitTrainer,

So I played some more to make sure before responding. The problem is that it is occasionally inconsistent. For instance, with all or nothing on, I just played a game and in round 3 where kings were worth 50 points each, my opponent got all four kings and it minused off 200 points in accordance with the all or nothing formula. In the very next round where the jack of clubs was the 200 point card, I played it and won the trick, but instead of minusing off those points, they were added to my score. Also, I've played without the all or nothing option and occasionally points are subtracted instead of added in the first 5 rounds. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it just ruins the game.

4. Nikola,

Hello,
the all or nothing rule of course cannot apply to the 4th round, because there is only one card to pick up. It works in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th, however, in rounds 1, 5 and 6, you have to take literally all the tricks.
Also, since in the 6th round you are losing points, if you do take all, you will of course win points instead of losing.

Score: +1

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post