Bug with multiple instances of playroom.

19 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Mira,

I notice you can open multiple instances of playroom. When you are on your desktop, and you press the key enter many times faster it opens multiple instances of the program. I decided to tell you about that, because the problems can with the rud players and their many accounts can back, if they have notice it. My suggestion is to make everything possible to disable it.

2. elchicoguapo ,

In fact, I have been thinking about to say it, but don't believe that I'm a rude player, but I discovered it. Once my playroom client did not open, so I pressed enter key for login. And what's happened? I had accidentally two or three instances of the client!

But if I don't reported about this bug here, is because some bad persons also reads the forum (I don't wanna give examples) And perhaps some of them knows how to hack the accounts of the playroom, and simply I don't want problems!

Regards.

3. Mira,

yes me to, about that I did not say names, but the players know who they are. I reported this, because many players lie for they real names. But, I won't talk anymore about that. Happy new year!

4. alex,

i pressed enter many times on the icon and only 1 instence is opened

i didn't notice this bug

5. elchicoguapo ,

Well, I think that it's not so hard to remove this bug. Perhaps this can be fixed in the next release of the client (If really will be one). For example, I have seen in other windows programs that if you try to open an other instance, the same program says you that there is other instance runing right now. I think that there is a command called "Allow multiple instances" for change this veavior in some programs, and you can change it to true (To allow it) Or false (To disable it) Using a ini file, but in this case, the admin could encript this data in a sofisticated way to avoid changes by the user.

Well, I'm not a programer, but this sounds easy to do.

Sorry my bad english, really sorry...

Last edited by elchicoguapo , Jan 5 2015 09:28:39

6. mayya,

Hello

Yes indeed, you can open many windows of the playroom before getting online. But once you are online and that you wish to open a new window, then you cannot and you find yourself systematicly on the already open window of your client.

For users having multiple accounts, they can use many ways to get connected with their different accounts and it is for us to decide what to do with them.

As you know, you can always signal via f4 or via our contact page any abuses you find, and we will be in charge of fixing those problems.

Mayya

7. gaurasuryavanshi,

wait wait? why d did you thing it's a bug? it's a nice feature. I think it. for exammple a playyer can [ play with 2 accounts... it's not a bug. but, Ican't decide anything. admins can decide. just I'm sharring my opinion.

8. Exink,

for exammple a playyer can [ play with 2 accounts...

Yes, but this feature was used (And I think in the present) For annoying reasons, and it's exactly the abuse of these kind of things for what it's only allowed to have just one account here. Also, the others doesn't always use this bug for playing like you. Let's say that somebody can be in a free table or two at the same time disturbing to other people or simply for come back if he/she is banned. Do you think this is nice? It's my opinion too...

Last edited by Exink, Feb 7 2015 19:53:47

9. gaurasuryavanshi,

and the thing that mira has reported d doesn't work always. I've r tried to do it and it d doesn't work I just made it 1 time

10. mayya,

Just for reminding, multiple accounts are totally forbidden. So no need even to think about playing with two accounts because it is simply stupid after all.

Mayya

11. princess-mira ,

and still I sawthis problem, I can open 2instances of the program.

12. wolfi,

well. don't know what to say, because there is 1000000 ways to open to windos or more than one windo in the playroom.

13. gaurasuryavanshi,

no, there is not. actually, via the web client. but this client is not as easy as the offline client. and yes, as maia said, the multiple accounts here are not allowed, therefore now I have only 1 account. and yes, this option may be a target for rude users and spammers to create multiple games and tables, and to be annoying. or to offend someone. before I had 4 accounts, but I deleted them. because I don't need them lol. now I have only 1 account, and I think every person here needs to have only 1 account. there's no need to have more... lol

14. princess-mira ,

Actually there's only 2ways to open and the both are going to qcgc.EXe, which is in the quentinc gameroom folder, the other one is on your dedktop, the two ways are same, only the directions are not, these ways are same, because you have to press so many times enter to get 22222 clients for an example. I think that it's not a good idea, and I think that if there's any possibility for for the admins to stop this thing.

15. Riad,

yes I agree, but why are you reviving too old topics? Just wandering!

16. gaurasuryavanshi,

agree with you, dil-se-dil.

17. BlueTardisz,

It was posted a long time ago. It's not old.

18. Riad,

It is not old? It's written back in December 2014 :D.

19. YNWA,

I think she is talking about her multiple accounts?

19 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post