Reason of nickname

60 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +22

1. SheWolf,

Hi. Am not sure whether here was this topic already or not. And while almost everyone has here nickname not normal name, am just curious, what made you choose exactly this name and not the another one. Why you like it.
Maybe it will be good chance to know each other better. ☺
As for me. I like wolves from my childhood. I choosed my name after i saw Twilight, smiley. But it has many reasons. Wolf is simply mythical, majestic, noble, strong and loyal animal. With dog on the one side and werewolf at the another, it's simply animal i would choose. Of course, it is not too beautiful like tiger or leopard, which i love also, but it has own beauty and magic inside. It is animal which guides me trough my whole life. So what about you?

Score: +2

2. blaise97,

hello,
interesting topic! but for my part this is not so interesting... this is just my real name, beacose i am just real lol.

Score: +0

3. unolover,

my name is bcouse I love uno

4. ibraheemmohsen,

this is my name.
first name: ibraheem last name: mohsen

Score: -1

5. Slavista,

Slavista simply means a fan of the football club, SK Slavia Prague. I'we been their fan since i was 10, so later i chose this nick to represent me at the social network called klango and later here.

6. Naday,

Naday is just an anagram of my name (Diana). The i got replaced by an y since in my language is more common to end words with a y instead of an i. My dad made it up when I was 7, and since then I have been Naday. In case my nickname is some other one than Naday, mostly it won't have a meaning but rather something I randomly made because of a random thing. :D

Score: +3

7. Chopin,

I am Chopin, a composer of the Romantic period. I love interpreting his pieces, so I decided to wear this nick.

8. ElFuegoHechoDeAguaCongelante,

hi. My nikname in my language (which is spanish of course) means the fire made of freezin wáter.

It's so significal for me, cause my ex girlfriend some day, told me that she and me are like fire and ice. So i told her something like hey sweety, fire could be inlove of ice, just if that fire is in a constant balance. And then when she asked me how is it posible on my weird, philosophical opinión ful of weirdness, i answered that it could be posible if that fire was a fire made of freezing wáter, a fire with no fuel, and which fuel would be not ice, but just wáter but not whichever, just freezing water and no more.

And that's all people, that's the meaning of my long and weird nickname

9. Thenji ,

Hi there!
My nikname is because of Shanice Wilson, a r&b Singer, actress and dancer.
I love some of her songs so i decided to use her name as nikname :)

10. sound2,

Hi, I've had this name since I was 16 or so. When I was interested in making electronic music. I never got to learn how to do that. But the name stuck. It's kind of sentimental for me. So, that's the reason.

11. NoInternet,

Well, you may knew why I choose this nickname: what would be fun when you're playing an online game? When you have NoInternet, eh? I chose It because It's fun, that's all :)

12. Arya_Stark,

My name is cause of nancy Wheeler on Stranger Things, a serie that I really really love. And, it's a perfect combination with my brother's nick xd

13. polyphia ,

I like ice cream. that's all.

Last edited by polyphia , Dec 22 2022 00:46:37

14. Sam-Weasley ,

hello!

my nickname is a combination between my short name, Sam, (my name is Samantha) and Weasley, a last name taken from Harry Potter.

Since I liked the Weasley family when I read it, I chose this Nick.
that's all.

Score: +1

15. sky360,

my nickname, sky360 is taken as an acranim of my favorite cricketer Surya Kumar Yadav. and the 360 is because he plays shots all around the ground, i.e 360 degrees. and also I think sky is a cool name XD.

16. codbro,

my qc name is codbro, my name is cody brown, so cod
bro

17. lucy_light,

Well, my nickname, not such a big philosophy. I am mostly known as Lucy, but at first, my account had to be written with an s, as the regular variant was taken or I didn't know how to spell, I don't remember, maybe both.
Afterwards, I lost my account for whatever reason, I had my real name for a short period, loss again and here we go, this one.
The story of the name itself is pretty basic, I liked it since I was little, then I had an English teacher who wanted us to call her Lucy and I took it. I tried changing it, as I am a Harry Potter fan and not only, but I couldn't, I just like it. In secret, sometimes I want to believe that my supposed name was Lucia, but I can't afford a legal change, as many people know me as Oana and it partly feels like me as well, so Lucy is just a nickname.
To bring a bit more context, short forms of it in different pronounciations and languages can mean light, brightness and similar words, but to make it clearer, as a writer pseudonym, role player or whatever I do internationally, I emphasize it by using Lucy Light.
BTW, I even had two old Blogspot and Wordpress pages called light inside, dark outside and did you know that one of the oldest human skeletons found in Africa was called Lucy? That's it!

18. Magic_Johnson,

Hi, what is Magic_Johnson? Well, the previous nicname for this account is CJ2004, but this is an abbreviation for Carl Johnson, and it is actually the one I was trying to change the username of this account for, but I was told that this name may have been used before, or that the account that contains the name is banned, I don't know How true is this, but what I know is that I could not get this name in this game, why Magic_Johnson exactly, for me this is closer to my nickname Carl_Johnson because I put this name for a character in another game, thank you for reading

19. Mohammedradwan2003,

well, it is my real name, mohammed. Radwan isn't a part of my name in the national identification but it is my family name so I am proud of it.

20. Revaldo,

I started using revaldo because i see myself as this, a well-known but under-rated Brazilian football player. The name revaldo, I replaced it with meeto which was my name among some of my Egyptian friends, and then I found out that it can mean things that aren't very good in Spanish.
I then found out that revaldo is the wrong way to write the Brazilian player's name (rivaldo), I said to myself, "You know what? Leave it like that. Good nickname."

21. gatia ,

Well, my name comes from the day my parents decided to do things and have children, and then I was born, they were going to call me نادا or آية and for unknown reasons they decided to keep this name. It is the name of the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of God be upon him.

22. lucy_light,

Update, gonna change it to the correctly spelled Lucy, it is available.

23. aakash,

well. doraemon, you all know. I love this anime.

24. gatia ,

I love it too, v

25. Thenji ,

this nik is because a south african actress and Singer cold Thenjiwe nofemele, but they call her Thenji for short. I love how it sounds! :)

26. Negaar,

Negaar. My name.

Last edited by Negaar, Oct 19 2023 14:34:40

27. amirmahdifard,

lol, a question: I stil don't know how to change my nickname in the playroom

28. Aisanne,

my nickname its the josemanuel lopez lista's artist name wich is LOPES and hi is an famous raper in streed rap en spain

29. Moriarty,

I think it could be useful to include our nicknames in the descriptions posted here. With the Playroom fashion, they will be long time outdated by the time anyone reads them. :)
Seriously, I never understood why do so many websites not allow changing the username, while all other account parameters are usually customizable. I think now I understand.

My nickname, Moriarty, is not very original, even though not quite frequent, either. I have always been a big fan of Sherlock Holmes novels, and since I couldn't come up with any cool variations of my real name I could use in games, I figured I should pick up one from a book that would sort of represent me.
The Holmes books were a logical choice. But I didn't want to just pick up Holmes, that would be way too obvious, since literally everyone knows the character.
Prof. Moriarty was an ideal choice. Much less known among people who didn't read/watch the story, but just as smart, solving problems by his intelect, and also, he was a much more fitting character for games like RTR or Swamp.
Now, I also study mathematics, I'm not a professor just yet :) but it's another trait we have in common.
Anyway. Later I used the surname in my own stories to indirectly refer to myself. And since they eventually became a part of me, the name also remained.

30. Jatayu,

+1, James Moriarty ftw. Hardcore holmes fan here. My childhood, and intro to detective/mystery books.

60 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post